"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 04-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #11
Senior Cook

I would say the best currywurst is at Konnopkes (Schönhauser Allee 44a - Prenzlauer Berg section of town) or Curry 36 (Mehringdamm 36 in Kreuzberg).

Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
Master Chef

thanks, I hope I'll remember the next time we are in B....

next weekend we'll be going to Duesseldorf and compare the Meilenwerk there to the one in B ;o)

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to wysiwyg
karenlyn,
If you like meat, check out Villa Rodizio (call and check if the meat cook [asador] is Brazilian). If it is, most likely the place is worth a try to sample all kinds of all you can eat Brazilian and Argentinian meat for less than 20 Euros/person.
If you go there, try the Caipirinha.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Cara, we're going at the end of May and will be there for a week. The man we rented our little holiday apartment from says it's the nicest time of year there, so we're excited.

We can get plenty of Brazilian and Argentinian food here in Barcelona (though for more than €20, that's for sure), as there are TONS of South American immigrants in the city. But as I said, the good stuff is generally pricey, so we may check that place out!

Thanks for all the advice, everybody! If anybody has any tips or tidbits on things to see or places to go, I'd love to hear them.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #15
Master Chef

karen,
if the weather is okay....

if you have south american all the time, why not try something typical Berlin?
try the Currywurst at Konnopkes or Curry 36, or the Restaurant Jolesch...
I'll see if I can find something else typical, or maybe Flukx has an idea...
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 04-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #16
Senior Cook

There are a number of good German and Austria restaurants. Zur Letzen Instanz (claims to be the oldest restaurant in Berlin) is very famous for its German food and isnt all that pricey (Zur letzten Instanz - das älteste Restaurant Berlins). Riehmers restaurant (more Austria food) is also good, as are the Austria places on Bergmannstr (one is called "Felix", the other is simply called "Austria").

But again, for eating "Berlinish" on the cheap, try a good Currywurst ;)
Old 04-14-2008, 06:51 AM   #17
Senior Cook

Wow, these suggestions are just wonderful. We have a little holiday apartment rented, and planned on doing a lot of cooking in the apartment to save money, but we might just have to make more room in the budget for eating out. I want to try all these places. Fortunately, what sounds like the very best thing to me, the currywurst, is probably one of the cheapest of the bunch. So yay. Maybe we'll just have one every day...

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions. I'll post again after our trip to report on how it went-- and how much we ate. :)
Old 08-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #18
Master Chef

Karen, how was Berlin?

Have been there three weeks ago, we bought our new car there, but had no time to stop for eating..

Tags
germany