Good eats around the Syracuse area??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
Planning a little shopping trip to Syracuse in a few weeks. As usual, I am more interested in eating than anything else. Does anybody have any suggestions for restaurants, take outs, diners, etc? I shy away from franchises, but am open to all suggestions. Looking for that little gem, with good food, ethnic, local, as long as it is original and decent value...

Last edited:
Planning a little shopping trip to Syracuse in a few weeks. As usual, I am more interested in eating than anything else. Does anybody have any suggestions for restaurants, take outs, diners, etc? I shy away from franchises, but am open to all suggestions. Looking for that little gem, with good food, ethnic, local, as long as it is original and decent value...

Syracuse is a good size city. Contact their Chamber of Commerce. They will gladly send you a list of fine eating. Call them. Let them think you are a tourist.

Chamber of Commerce
Address: 572 S Salina St, Syracuse, NY 13202

Phone:(315) 470-1800

Last edited:
Last edited:
It's a great place to eat, I was just kidding, most out of towners pass it by because it is old and sort of shabby!
That is what I like about it. If restaurants can survive and be popular with barely a building around them, they must be doing food right. I like to get in with the locals for more of an experience than just a meal...

Back
Top Bottom