Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
HONOLULU TO BE ExACT, i go there pretty often and know of some great spots. they are all spots where you wont be finding any tourist but just locals. just wondering if anyone here knows of any good ones.

Giovanni's shrimp truck, near the northern tip of the island. Great place, been there for years. Truck has so many signatures and graffiti on it you can't see through to the paint.

i know of it, its right next to the shrimp farm.

Halulo got a nice way of dancing , got a friend from hawai . she teach there dance with the flower in there pore head . So enjoyable dance ever just like your having yoga .

We'd go to the local pits, usually in the outskirts of the island, to get their typical lunch plates and some shaved ice then go sit at a bench by the beach. There's nothing better than that! :)

Rosas cantina, Haleiwa
Maui Taco, kailua
Side street inn, Honolulu
The church parking lot(past motsumotos) in haleiwa, best huli huhli ever
Arancino di mare, waikiki, on Ohua between kalakaua and kuhio
Big City Diner, Kailua

harbor Pub, Ala Moan and hobron, best local pizza
Chart House, next to/above harbor pub, AWESOME sunset pupus

this threads finally getting a little traction. my favorate places fo' grind are

rainbow for plate lunch, cant go wrong for $7, youll be full all day

masu's massive plate lunch, get there early or youll be in a line wrapped around the building

ono's hawaiian food is da kine

right next door to them is kapahulu chop suey, the gau gee is awesome

down the street is leonards bakery for the hot off the fryer malasadas

around the corner is kim chee II for some tastey korean BBQ

downtown i like char hun sut for manapua, but the last time i was there a couple of years ago it really fell off, i think the kids are running the business now and cutting corners.

even the macdonalds is good there, spam eggs and rice or portuguese sausage eggs and rice.

mmmm, im getting hungry and i just ate dinner a 1/2 hour ago.

Back
Top Bottom