I am drooling!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
i am watching the travel channel show Steak Paradise, i am drooling!! i want to go to Peter Luger in Brooklyn so bad, but someone my hub works with went there and said it's like $50.00 for one steak, but dang it looks good!! they also are showing hilltop in MA, pats in philly and i am still watching.

I saw that show last week. The Hilltop in MA is not in the same league as Peter Luger's. Good steaks for a much more reasonable price. Peter Luger's is regularly rated #1 in the country.

I'd like to go to Philly and settle the debate over whether Gino's or Pat's makes the best Philly cheese steak.

I saw that show last week. The Hilltop in MA is not in the same league as Peter Luger's. Good steaks for a much more reasonable price. Peter Luger's is regularly rated #1 in the country.

I'd like to go to Philly and settle the debate over whether Gino's or Pat's makes the best Philly cheese steak.
what do you think about "rocky mountain oysters"? i almost fell on the floor when that woman said "really good b***s"!! not gonna get me to try that or them?!!

they are not bad, kinda rubbery... so to speak.
We took our son's class to a Rockies game in Denver years ago, and they had several kiosks selling RMO's. The group of 5th grade boys I was with didn't know what they were, so of course, I had to tell them... Yep, they instinctively grabbed you-know-what and said "ewww." The real deal though, are sheep balls, and to be a real deal RMO eater, one bites them off the sheep. so I've been told.

well we went to hilltop steakhouse in MA. steak was ok i must say not as good as a the places i go right here in NJ. the prices were very good and the dining room was nice. the wait staff were very nice also. we all loved of all things the new england clam chowder.

I've been to Hilltop years ago and I thought it was pretty good. Now a days I prefer steaks I cook at home :chef:

one bites them off the sheep. so I've been told.

might be starting to drift off topic here....

if anyone watches the show Dirty Jobs, you might remember the episode where they castrated sheep....yes, it was done with a knife and your teeth (its supposed to be more humane that way, so they say)....so i dont think people eat them directly by biting them off, but rather they can be cooked and eaten after they are bitten off

might be starting to drift off topic here....

if anyone watches the show Dirty Jobs, you might remember the episode where they castrated sheep....yes, it was done with a knife and your teeth (its supposed to be more humane that way, so they say)....so i dont think people eat them directly by biting them off, but rather they can be cooked and eaten after they are bitten off
either way YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me know what ya think of them.

Just like chocolate covered ants tastes like a better grade of Nestle's crunch bar (except with antennae and legs stuck between the teeth). :LOL:

I imagine the oysters tastes a bit like chicken gizzards, just a bit more tender ;-)

Bob

Rocky Mountain Oysters

I ate one, once! My dh used to have a company in Greely, Co and we had to go there one year for a Christmas party. Of course they had those little gems on the buffet and everyone was watching to see if I would eat one. They were saying stuff like "oh, she would never eat those" and blah blah. So I kinda had to prove myself!!! I ate one and swallowed and said "wow, those are good" for which I got a round of applause. But, if they were so great, why only one? They taste like really weird deep fried liver. Not something I go back twice for. :rolleyes:

I ate one, once! My dh used to have a company in Greely, Co and we had to go there one year for a Christmas party. Of course they had those little gems on the buffet and everyone was watching to see if I would eat one. They were saying stuff like "oh, she would never eat those" and blah blah. So I kinda had to prove myself!!! I ate one and swallowed and said "wow, those are good" for which I got a round of applause. But, if they were so great, why only one? They taste like really weird deep fried liver. Not something I go back twice for. :rolleyes:
:wacko::ohmy:

Sounds delicious! I paid $50 for a filet with crabmeat and bernaise sauce at a place in NYC. It was worth every penny!

i am watching the travel channel show Steak Paradise, i am drooling!! i want to go to Peter Luger in Brooklyn so bad, but someone my hub works with went there and said it's like $50.00 for one steak, but dang it looks good!! they also are showing hilltop in MA, pats in philly and i am still watching.

You reminded me of the movie "Open Range" with Kevin Cossner & Robert Duvall, where Duvall (Boss Spearman) was in the town mercantile, and bought chocolate (in the mood for the best candy the store carried before the expected gun battle), and it cost a whole $1.

Duvall ask's the shop keeper "how do you know it's the best candy?" and the shop keeper said it's imported all the way from Europe." or close to that. Then qualified that with he and his wife had never tasted it cause it was too expensive.

Duvall has by this time taken a bite and exclaimed how good it was, then broke of a piece, handed it the the shop keeper saying "A man should always sample some of the best things before he dies" (again I'm not verbatim here).

What stuck in mind mind was two things. First the concept Duvall put out there, and the second? The fact that the shop keeper's wife was behind him in the same room, and did not share that piece (I would have) :(

Thanks liquidfire for causing me to remember that.

Bob

You reminded me of the movie "Open Range" with Kevin Cossner & Robert Duvall, where Duvall (Boss Spearman) was in the town mercantile, and bought chocolate (in the mood for the best candy the store carried before the expected gun battle), and it cost a whole $1.

Duvall ask's the shop keeper "how do you know it's the best candy?" and the shop keeper said it's imported all the way from Europe." or close to that. Then qualified that with he and his wife had never tasted it cause it was too expensive.

Duvall has by this time taken a bite and exclaimed how good it was, then broke of a piece, handed it the the shop keeper saying "A man should always sample some of the best things before he dies" (again I'm not verbatim here).

What stuck in mind mind was two things. First the concept Duvall put out there, and the second? The fact that the shop keeper's wife was behind him in the same room, and did not share that piece (I would have) :(

Thanks liquidfire for causing me to remember that.

Bob
liquidfire?

liquidfire?

Helloo msmofet -

The new member up above me :LOL: liquidfire was heck with it, and spent the $50 for the steak, and thought it was worth it.

In the movie, Duvall after having had a taste of the very expensive candy bar stated "and worth every penny of it". So my memory was further jogged by liquidfire's post.

Bob

http://www.liangdianup.com/sporting_1.htm

Has anyone bought this type of sling shot before that holds the amo in the handle?
this company has free shipping to anywhere in the world and they guarantee delivery to Australia. I heard that sling shots
are ok to sell in Australia as long as you say they are being used to toss bait in the water when you go fishing, any truth
to thatone?

Back
Top Bottom