If you google "jungle"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John V

Assistant Cook
My fav market. If you google "jungle", you'll come up with Jungle Jim's market. It's here in Fairfield, Ohio. If you are ever in the area, Jungle Jim's is NOT to be passed by. From goat heads, rattlesnake meat, durian, hundreds cheeses or hot sauces or ostrich eggs, this is THE place to get 'em. Sometime in October, it'll be featured on the food channel. No, I don't work there, I SHOP there. If I want prime, dry aged rib eye steaks or colossal red king crab legs or kimchi, it's minutes away. Wish you were here. Here's the URL, Jungle Jim's International Market | A Foodie's Paradise | Fairfield Ohio . Please check it out and lemme know what you think of the place!

Whoa.....I got some e-mail about Jungle Jim's. I tell ya, it isn't my website at all. It's NOT my store. As I said, I SHOP there. It really is an amazing place. Reminds me of Schwegman Brothers that we used to go to in New Orleans 45 years ago. When my wife and I have out of town guests, we ALWAYS take them on a little excursion to Jungle Jims. I mean, they have it all, if you wanna know how to cook authentic Chinese, they have classes, and classes on baking, and everything else. An interesting thing about the place is, there are people from all corners of the WORLD that go there to shop. You see women in saris, muslims with scarves, orientals, africans, russians, mexicans and folks you just don't KNOW where they came from. I see strange things they are putting in their carts and wonder what they are making. Ya otta see all the 25 lb bags of rice they have, many different rices I have never even HEARD of, in neat sacks written in languages I don't know of. The cookware section has everything from fish baskets to giant iron woks. A good thing is the international cheese section is the first thing you see. By the time you have spent two hours in there spending more money than you ever intended, when you get home, the cheese is room temperature and ready to sample. If I come across something interesting, there is something about me that makes me want to share it. If you have criticize the website, e-mail Jim Bonamino, NOT me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom