"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 AM   #21
Assistant Cook

Send a message via MSN to Beke Send a message via Yahoo to Beke
Hiyas,
I go to Chicago every other month or so because I got a kidney/pancreas transplant there a couple years ago. I had a pizza that was to DIE for, we dont have pizzas like that here in Evansville Indiana! Anyways whats good around the Northwestern University Campus? I sometimes stay overnight and wondered about all the places I haven't seen or tasted yet lol. Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:01 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
I am not familiar with that area but some of my girlfriends are. Gino's pizza is good, Heaven on Seven has good cajun food, if you like that.

My girlfriend delivered both her kids there. Her biggest suggestion was that the nurses at the hospital have a big book of restaurants and menus. The nurses have good recommendations - and most of these restaurants will deliver to the hospital - right to your room!

What a small world, one of my very best friends live in Evansville, IL.

I will ask around and post more info as I get it! Good luck!

Old 11-09-2006, 10:32 AM   #23
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
I know all the great places. Well known and hidden. If you are going to Chi-town just ask!
Oh yeah??? Your name must be Zagat!

I grew up there, and still spend a lot of time there, and I'll just BET there are at least 300 great places you don't[ know about. Chicago and environs is a mighty BIG place!

Nice to know you are such a wealth of information, but it's usually best to be just a bit modest....
Old 11-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Whoa, ChefJune, I think you need to cut our Sush some slack.

He posted his original invitation back when this thread (the Road Forum) was still very new, and he was just being hospitable in being from Chicago and wanting to steer fellow foodies toward good places.

I know you've got some experience on your side compared to Sushi, but I bet you haven't been to every single great place in NYC either.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to Corinne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Whoa, ChefJune, I think you need to cut our Sush some slack.
I gotta agree with that statement. He and dear MicheleMarie were both a big help to me when I traveled to Chicago. I really appreciated their guidance!

Corinne
Old 11-10-2006, 09:16 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Thanks Corrine! Sushi is a big help in this area, even to me, and I live here!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:56 PM   #27
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
ChefJune thats plain RUDE! This is NOT a place where members fight each other. If you have a beef with me then take it off-line.

Discuss Cooking is an environment that is conducive of have fun, enjoying each others personality, sharing cooking recipes and treating people with kindness. I hope you understand that.

Mudbud and Corinne and MicheleMarie thank you for your supportive words. I appreciate you sticking up for me! Maybe ChefJune just had a bad day and needed to beat someone up.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #28
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
ChefJune thats plain RUDE! This is NOT a place where members fight each other. If you have a beef with me then take it off-line.
I don't have a beef with you, Sushi. and I owe you a HUGE apology. that wasnt nice at all. I don't know what got into me. When I re-read what I wrote I was horrified.

I have only been here a couple of months, and I have NO idea what you do or don't know about Chicago, but regardless, my remarks were thoughtless and uncalled for. Please forgive me.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:31 PM   #29
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
ChefJune, I think you are a GREAT addition to our forum. You have wonderful ideas and comments! Its water under a bridge. Lets have fun! *HUUUUUUG*
Old 11-19-2006, 09:10 AM   #30
Master Chef

Don't forget, if you're going to be there for awhile, or if you live there, take a 3 hour drive and come to Galena. It is a beautiful drive, especially in the spring-summer-fall (right now it is rather barren). Freinds often fly into O'Hare and rent a convertable just for the drive alone. Right now the drive isn't so great, but the town is dressed up in beautiful holiday finery. There is a B&B on virtually every street corner, all beautiful. And if you want to get a good workout in, climb our steps!

Tags
illinois