IL - Marion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Today was our 22nd anniversary, and we decided to celebrate

Instead of going to one of the usual places out by the malls, I googled Marion, Il restaurants, and found a wonderful Italian restaurant called Bennie's. It's been there for 40 years, but it's tucked in a little corner downtown, and I'd never seen it or heard about it.
I had baked ravioli in meat sauce and Kim had chicken/prosciutto tortellini in Alfredo sauce. The pasta and the sauces were definitely homemade, as were the salad dressings, and were they ever good! They have an extensive menu, and I wanted everything on it.

They don't serve alcohol, but I don't know where I would have put a beer anyway.

It sounds really wonderful Connie!!! What a great find. I looked at the menu and it has my favorite childhood midnight snack on it - spaghetti noodles and butter!!!!!!!!! :chef:

And most important............HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :flowers:

Happy Anniversary Conn and Kim..Glad you had such a wonderful time.

kades;)

I just ate and that makes me want to eat again. wow.
looking, all the the leftovers are at the girlfriends house,...looking....poptarts it is.:(

you know what they say......one good poptart deserves another. I think thats why they come in packs of two.

Happy anniversary Constance! Isnt that how it always is though with those little out of the way places? They have to make great food to stick around because they dont have the exposure some place might get. I was just saying this Saturday night. My fiance and I were walking around a crowed section in Lima with lots of restaurants on the strip. There are so many choices but I took her down a little side street and we found a quaint and quiet little trattoria where we shared some carpaccio, a pizza and a coke. Que romantico!

Happy Anniversary Constance & Kim.

I really enjoy quiet out of the way places. I worry that if not enough people patronize them, they may not be there when you want them.
After many years, it seems like your place has lasted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom