KY - Bardstown .. The Bourbon Trail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
This was in yesterday's NY Times and it reminded me of a certain poster here who loves his bourbon. I've toured all of the facilities mentioned in the article and I concur regarding Maker's Mark - their distillery is in a beautiful setting and certainly worth the time to check out.

On Kentucky’s Bourbon Trail - New York Times

You have to register to see the article, but registration is free.

Miss Toots...
I have trip all mapped out. Am good to go, and ready for launch! Right now am just waiting for the right time...I had a note from Bill Samuels yesterday in fact...Thanks for the article, I enjoyed it. and I know others will as well.

Enjoy!!!

Maker's is my favorite bourbon, Toots. Nice to hear it's made in a pretty setting.

Now if I could get Uncle Bob to do the driving..........

Bourbon? Where? I smell it, it is around here somewhere!

I'll split the driving, UncleBob, at least to the place, after that no promises!

I am a fan of Makers an ave had the joy of going to the facility and dipping my own bottle in green wax. I got it all over the place.

I drove this past week from SC to IN. Bourbon trail was on the was. I did Makers Mark, Jim Beam, Wild Turkey and Woodford. Makers was the best. I did not get the full tour of Woodford but it looked awesome.
Skip Wild Turkey to big and factory like. Worker were talking to the tour guide saying they can't wait to leave there.
BY FAR Makers was the best. YOU LEARN EVERYTHING! They also have a great gift shop and tasting room. Dip your own bottle and have cheap gifts for xmas. "Slam Dunk" is when you dip them deep and let them run. I have plenty of room to write on them.
I am going back soon and I hope to pick up the rest of the distillerys.

:)I have a big bottle of Makers Mark that I got as a gift Ive had it before it it seems to have a hint of vanilla.Uncle Bob all ready knows I prefer a weak version of a mix called Canadian Mist.I dont like all the name brands of whiskey? They are just too strong but I hafto admit I do like Makers Mark but in small quantities.The reason I enjoy Canadian Mist is its somewhat weak and clean and if I drink a good amount the hangover factor is none existent.I like to call it a girl whiskey.

Back
Top Bottom