KY - Paducah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Last night I got a whim and told Kim I wanted to go somewhere today, so we called Katie and we met her at Whaler's Catch, down by the levee for lunch.

I had oysters on the half shell...very good, especially for this time of year. Kim had their fried sliced portabellas with remoulade sauce, and they were exceptional. Katie's boiled shrimp looked good, too.
We all had a garden salad made with fresh spring greens (including dandelion) grape tomatoes, assorted croutons, and a slice of yellow squash. Katie got all the squash, and Kim gave me his tomatoes.
They both had a large Maryland crab cake, which I tasted...they were excellent.
I had shrimp and crab fettucine in white wine sauce...the sauce turned out to be a very rich alfredo-type sauce, which was scrumptious, all be it quite filling.
I brought home a box of baby beignets with chocolate sauce, which Kim and I will heat up and share later.

The place is really cool, too. It's in a very old building, down by the levee, and the flood wall has been painted with wonderful murals by some artist (help, Katie!)
General Grant once drank at the hand-carved mahogany bar, which was transported from (New Orleans?) and stored in Cairo, Il during the Civil War.

And...the service is outstanding!

They also have a fresh fish market next door, and Kim and I had come prepared with a cooler, and we brought home tuna, orange roughy, and a couple of rainbow trout for me. The prices were quite reasonable.

What a wonderful day!

Fantastic, sounds as if you three had a wonderful time..Kudos, for being such dear friends.
kades

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah, Connie! I could add little more. What a great time! We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the mural artist, his name is Robert Dafford and you can learn more about him at the link I posted.

Paducah is a fabulous place for entertainment, dining and history and Buck and loved it. I'm......stuffed from our wonderful lunch today, Constance and Kim.

Last edited:
Right now, Kim is sucking down his share of the baby beignets with chocolate sauce. I'm still full, but I think I can polish off the rest of the beignets.

Friends, sometimes you just have to go with the moment. Be spontaneous. It breaks up the dead brain cells. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom