LA - New Orleans ... best must go to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'm here and would love a great meal for dinner.
I've been told Court of 2 Sisters, KPauls, Copelands, and some cafe on the very corner my hotel is on.

Any help with where to spend a lovely evening that won't get me in too late.
Thanks for helping............​

Uncle Bob said:
August. Located at 301 Tchoupitoulas.

Bayona. Located at 430 Dauphine St.

Just a couple....
thanks Uncle Bob.
It'd be an early dinner for me so I'd like to get in around 5:30.
Whichever can take me, I'll do............
blessings...

got in @ 5:30 @ August.
the menu looks wonderful and I just spoke to Chef Eric, as the owner Chef isn't in today. neither is Paul Prudhomme who is out of town so that made my decision not to go there easy.

thanks Uncle Bob, looks yummy, I'll let you know:ohmy:

Uncle Bob said:
August. Located at 301 Tchoupitoulas.

Bayona. Located at 430 Dauphine St.

Just a couple....

I absolutely couldn't agree with you more! Those two places are my favourites.

Yes yes yes...to both. Too bad you can only have one dinner a night, eh, Bob??

Uncle Bob said:
Check out the neat Chandeliers...and presentation of food!

Bon Appetite!!

The service in August was superb. My dessert (a picture I tried to put here, but was too big) looked like a flower made of white chocolate...which was covering a banana bread pudding.

August could possibly be the best restaurant in the city now.

VeraBlue said:
The service in August was superb. My dessert (a picture I tried to put here, but was too big) looked like a flower made of white chocolate...which was covering a banana bread pudding.

August could possibly be the best restaurant in the city now.

It is "The" place right now in the restaurant scene without question!

I wonder if Chef John Besh would comp us a bottle of wine Vera, for the accolades we are giving him, and August??

Last edited:
report about August.................

Here it is.
First of all, as with everything that ever happens on this food site, a huge thank you.
Uncle Bog, you came to my rescue yet again.

OH MY LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I forgot to look at the chandeliers, shoot!:ohmy:

They took me in there, although not properly attired. I'd asked first via the phone though, telling them what I'd brought, they said, "come on in".

In speaking with Chef Eric on the phone, I asked if it was alright if I just did the appetizers that I'd chosen off the online dinner menu. He said it was perfect. My appetite is very small now, losing 4 dress sizes, stomach is tiny.

I ordered the appy's.
http://www.rest-august.com/sample_menu.pdf
The menu is in redo mode so it's not updated.
They started me off with a muse bushe (spelling?) of zabaglione in an egg shell that was garlic and parmesan cheese shards prominantly in flavor. Crazy beautiful and VERY RICH.
I got the Organic Greens with Pumpkin seed Brittle and a mound of blue cheese with pumpkin seed oil viniagarette. I could have stopped there with the artisan baguettes and the home spun specialty creamery butter. {$8} Beautiful like a post card and VERY RICH.
But I prevailed and rallied on to the Foie Gras 3 way, but since I was the only one there and had called in advance to speak to Chef Eric, they brought me Foie Gras 4 ways. It was beautiful and so tasteful, VERY RICH. {$18}
Last, I forged on to the hand made gnocchi with blue crab and white summer truffle slices in a rich cream sauce with shards of parmesan. Beautiful, so tasteful and VERY RICH. {$18}
By the time I left, the place had really packed several people in. I was invited to the kitchen to speak to and meet Chef Eric {who is 12} and meet the staff.
They were beautiful and delightful and so accomodating.
I will say one thing about August that I truly hated. And that's a strong word.
That is, that I could not share this incredible experience with the love of my life. But perhaps next time...........
Thank you Uncle Bob for pointing me to this remarkable establishment. It's gotta be the best restaurant in NOLA.

FYI and who knew, that Chef John Besh, owner of August, beat out Mario Batalli on Iron Chef America....not I....​

Sounds like you had a wonderful evening!!!!!!! I had my eye on 3 of the things you did choose - the organic greens with pumpkin seed brittle, the gnocchi, and the foie gras.

Next time you go, with the love of your life, look up :LOL:

kitchenelf said:
Sounds like you had a wonderful evening!!!!!!! I had my eye on 3 of the things you did choose - the organic greens with pumpkin seed brittle, the gnocchi, and the foie gras.

Next time you go, with the love of your life, look up :LOL:

KE, I always look up;)

Uncle Bob said:
It is "The" place right now in the restaurant scene without question!

I wonder if Chef John Besh would comp us a bottle of wine Vera, for the accolades we are giving him, and August??

John Besh is my culinary hero. After reading about his generosity immediately following Katrina, I'd be happy to give him the bottle of wine...

But, given that we are such nice and pleasant people, I'm sure he'd insist we enjoy it with him.

What a place, yes?

Back
Top Bottom