Lambert's!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ein

Assistant Cook
Went to Lambert's Cafe yesterday, which is an awesome restaurant in Sikeston Missouri, where they throw rolls! The atmosphere is amazing, very much like a Sunday dinner at your Grandmother's. The place boasts all the best home cooking, and allot of it. Seriously I recommend a two day fast before going down there, lol. Now, I don't know if the cook was having a off day or what, but the Meatloaf was less, "Grandma's Home Cooking'" and more, "Cranky Lunch Lady's Revenge". So I'd steer clear of that, but everything else was to die for! They also have big pots of fried okra, macaroni and tomatoes, onions and potatoes, and black eyed peas as well sorghum for the throwed rolls (caution when the guy says the rolls are hot; they're hot!).

It's well worth the trip, but just some friendly advice if you do come down, either hit a weekday at around eleven or be prepared to wait around! Well worth it, though in my opinion!

been there..

okay, my impression was clouded by the fact I was on a bus tour, I will never, never, never again do a bus tour in the US, was talked into it against my better judgement by a neighbor, to visit the National Quilt Show in Pudacah KY...

food was along the lines of Cracker Barrel..

It's a fun place. I was there years ago, before they built the new place, and the line was out the door, but moved quickly. I was young and cute then, had on a cropped top and short shorts, and HB said he thought we might have eaten free if my shirt had been a little tighter. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
The owner did pay a lot of attention to me, but it was because I couldn't catch a roll (always been uncoordinated) and he had to get up close and practically put it in my hands.
The food was good home cooking...comparison to Cracker Barrel is appropriate.

Love Lambert's. And, yes, do go very hungry and plan to spend a lot of time. Some of it waiting. However, the waiting is part of the fun as the place doesn't have a square centimeter that doesn't have something interesting to look at.

The atmosphere is like one big family reunion/block party and you'll never meet a stranger there.

As someone already said, the portions are quite large. I think served with a shovel rather than a spoon.:LOL:

The food is, in my opinion, far better than Cracker Barrel and my all-time favorite is their chicken/country-fried steak. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Now you've gone and done it. I want to go to Lambert's!!

lol It's one of the best places ever! I agree with Katie E. I just want to go there one day, and make a meal off the Rolls and the Pass arounds! It would be awesome! Their ribs are the best!

Lambert's is about 40 minutes from my house. I wince to think about the pounds I've put on there!!! :rolleyes:

Lambert's is about 40 minutes from my house. I wince to think about the pounds I've put on there!!! :rolleyes:

lol, ohhh! lucky! It's about two hours from mine, so we can only go there on special occassions, or when we are shopping for fireworks. :mrgreen:

There is also a Lambert's in Foley Alabama which also has an outlet mall. It would be a good day trip to eat and walk some of it off : - )

No fair. :-p I wanna go.
Please don't say it's like Cracker Barrel. I saw it on either the Travel Channel or the Food Network and it looked soo good.

Back
Top Bottom