MEXICO - Cabo San Lucas .. ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
I know it's rather short notice... but I'm heading off on vacation TOMORROW (Saturday, July 8) for a week in Cabo.

I would welcome any suggestions for food or activities (on a budget) from anyone who has been there.

Thanks!

Hello Z,
I haven't been there in about 2 years, but Cabo can be pretty pricey so I really don't have a lot of budget ideas. As far as beer goes, almost any corner store in town would sell you a cold one (in a small brown paper bag) for one dollar US, (don't know the exchange rate right now). Snack food wise, there are lot's of small stalls/stands that sell tacos ect..... all around town very reasonable. Just look for the stands where the locals and cabbies hang out. If you like seafood and sushi, you should try Nick San's, I really enjoyed it when I was there (again, that was a few years ago).
Hope you have a great time and please report when you get back.
John.

JohnL said:
Hello Z,
I haven't been there in about 2 years, but Cabo can be pretty pricey so I really don't have a lot of budget ideas. As far as beer goes, almost any corner store in town would sell you a cold one (in a small brown paper bag) for one dollar US, (don't know the exchange rate right now). Snack food wise, there are lot's of small stalls/stands that sell tacos ect..... all around town very reasonable. Just look for the stands where the locals and cabbies hang out. If you like seafood and sushi, you should try Nick San's, I really enjoyed it when I was there (again, that was a few years ago).
Hope you have a great time and please report when you get back.
John.

Like John, last time I was there was several years ago. But like he said, which is true for anywhere, go where the locals go.

Thanks guys. Yeah... we always look for locals or, if eating 'ethnic', we look for that particular ethnicity in the eatery.

I'll report back in a week or so... after we're back.

Back
Top Bottom