MO - Exelsior Springs ... BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orlando521

Assistant Cook
Just north of Kansas City about a 30 min. drive is a Old historic town called Exelsior Springs. The town is rich with history and many sites to see. Right down the street from the historic Elms Hotel and Spa is an old train station that is the current home to some of the best BBQ youll ever have the pleasure of lickin your lips forand the name is Wabash BBQ.

They have some of the best ribs and the brisket melts in your mouth. In the summer time to go along with that wonderful food on a Saturday night they have an outdoor Blues garden. If you are ever in or near Exelsior Springs its worth the trip and exellent area to go for a motorcycle cruise. :pig:

Uggg!! Where were you when we were vacationing in Kansas City two years ago?? Just kidding! We had such a time trying to find a good BBQ joint, ended up the only restaurant we really liked was the Peach Tree, cool little place.
I have relatives there, so at least now if we go back I have one place I can put on my list to try!!

OK this is even worse, turns out according to the wife Excelsior Springs is right down the road from where we camped out (Watkins Woolen Mill). To be that close to great BBQ and not know it!!! Agggg. LOL.
We did enjoy the River Market in KC, and had a great visit to Independence and Clinton's soda shop.

Back
Top Bottom