NEW ZEALAND - Auckland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rom

Sous Chef
for 3 weeks for work this Sunday (might not be able to come on here and check it out for that long awww :(), anyone live there and have know of any good places out there to eat? Will give anything a try ;)

Thanks,
Rom :)

thanks...just finished packing now..@ 2am :S lol
leaving at 7.30...AM
thanks again :)

thanks Loprraine -
well..there were PLENTY of japanese and chinese restaurants in the auckland cbd area...basically we tried each of what we could ( i seemed to have bad luck with food :( - i think i wanted to try a lot of diff things lol)
-the first nite we had really bad indian food - my entree wasn't quite "defrosted" as yet :(
-we also had Japanese - mmm eel and sushi YUM...sake was EVERYWHERE :)
-we had Korean, my bf got this ginseng and chicken soup...i don't know how he ate it...the flavour was very.."interesting/omg how did he eat it", i had some fish roe and tofu..i think..it wasn't quite what i expected but quite fishy :)
-we had some congee at a chinese restaurant..the pig ears and chicken feet were tempting but..maybe next time! i had a few combination hotpots...YUM!
-one lunch we overdid the sushi....and now i need a break.
-i had some chicken mousakka (sp) at a turkish restaurant ...it was bad..and isn't mousakka greek?
-we then found a really good indian restaurant called Ravi's (we visited that place like 4 times LOL)- i discovered tandoori snapper, it was REALLY good!
-i had a really really overpriced seafood platter at an italian restaurant which in my book was fettucine marinara, not a seafood platter lol, but OMG HOW DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! we also had a lot of mussels for entree. my bf had the biggest calzone i have EVER seen! he enjoyed it immensly hehehe
-the coffee made me cry :( but at last we found a REALLY great place called VIZ!!!!!! yeahhh!!!!
-breakfast...included lots of bacon and eggs ( i skipped the bacon a few times)...not sure if i could eat that combination for a really long time now! oh wait...just when i was so over bacon and eggs...we got it on the plane back home for breakfast hahahaha
the french toast was yummy too
-we then had a buffet...long live Oysters and NZ humongous Mussels..YUM YUM YUM
-we had some ULTRA dodgy fish and chips... 1 piece of frozen boxed fish and too many chips
-more chinese - i had some taro and pork thing that was ok once i ate around the pork fat (the thought of eating it made me eww lol) my bf discovered bilg (sp)
-penang curry at the 2 thai restaurants tasted good, cos i love that stuff
- the 1st thai restaurant i experienced i will pretend never happened..no comments...
- i had some nasty burgers because my bf saw a burger place that looked good..and not like maccas...the only good thing there, was the aioli they gave us with the chips lol
- ooooo and we tried chicken bacon which i haven't seen in australia before (my bf can't eat real bacon)

-can't remember anything else

i don't want to imagine how many kilos i put on :(

and

if i ever see another restaurant i will run the other way LOLLL

just realised how long this post is...if u have kept reading this far...thanks and sorry! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom