NV - Reno?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ELLENM

Assistant Cook
Hi all,

Where is anyones favorite places to eat in Reno? will be there sept 3-5.

we usually always go to Brews Bros. I like the chicken fried steak there most of the time.

we also found a Mexican place called "Mama's" something or other. It's on a side street near Virginia. ( I think anyway):)

Brain -art

I looked back in my journal, and the Mexican place I was asking about in Reno, is "Bertha Miranda's"

Has anyone else eaten there?

We thought it was very good.

I have not eaten at Bertha Miranda's but I know a few that have and they rave about it. It is located on Mill Street in Reno. I live an hour from Reno and here are some of my favorites:

Green Papaya - A great Thai restaurant that has wonderful chicken and seafood stir-fry dishes. It is located at 4786 Caughlin Parkway.

Rapscallon Restaurant - If you like seafood this place is a must. I not a big seafood fan, but all my friends rave about it. 1555 S. Wells Avenue

Santa Fe Hotel - This is a favorite of a group that I belong to. We eat here 3-4 times a year. The menu is Basque and served family style. First you start out with beans, bread, and salad. Then they bring out the paella and lamb stew. Them you get your main entree served with handcut French fries. For dessert it is ice cream or plates of cheese. Red wine is served with the meal. You must try one of their Picon Punches before dinner, just to say you had one. Just make sure that you only have one or some will have to drive you home. 235 Lake Street behind Harrahs downtown. It is located within walking distance of downtown.

Great Basin Brewery - Brewpub fair with some great beers. I have only been there once, but it was worth it. 846 Victorian Ave in Sparks, NV

Palais de Jade - Szechuan Asian food. This is a one of mine and my coworkers favorites. This is one of the first Asian restaurants I ate at when I moved to this area. It is a favorite of the "locals". 960 W. Moana Lane

If you go to Lake Tahoe there used to be a restaurant called Hacienda Del Lago. It has changed owners and names and is now called the Sol y Lago. I have not eaten there since the changeover, but I have heard that it is still very good. Click on the name of the restaurant for it's webpage.

Here to good eating and I hope that you have a good time visting Reno.

SC :)

Reno buffets?

Just wondering about which one is the best (most abundant but with good food, not junk) Any ideas?:neutral:

Back
Top Bottom