NY - New York City ... Little Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was raised in Bergen County, New Jersey. The cookies are available at the Lyndhurst Pastry Shop in Lyndhurst, NJ and Hackensack Pastry in Hackensack, NJ. I have also bought them at the shore at Fumosa Brothers Bakery on Rt 35 in Ortley Beach, NJ. I now live in South Jersey and they are hard to find. I'll keep trying and if I ever find anything I'll let you know.

I was raised in Bergen County too ! :)

Vicky, thank you for bringing back so many memories when you talked about all that delicious italian food. Growing up in South Brazil among so many italian families was great because I ate the most wonderfull food... "Mangia, mangia che te fa bene"

i know it's bad etiquette to resurrect an old post, and I certainly don't want my first post to be in bad form but...

I am so excited to have found this post!

I have been searching for this cookie since at least 2004. My girlfriend grew up in Brooklyn and very shortly after I first met her mentioned this being her favorite cookie. Her best guess at spelling it was "Saviad". Google turns up practically nothing from that, but I've still attempted at least a couple of times a year to find this elusive cookie.

Last night the poor girl had a dream about the things in which a sweet Italian baker gave her the recipe and spent today being very disappointed that it was only a dream. Of course I started my search all over again.

A post to the food section of the NYC craigslist finally tipped me off that I'm looking for the Saviata and sent me here. Now I'm excited to finally have at least tracked down a common name, but also disappointed that so many others are having no luck with a recipe.

I am bound and determined to find these things. I originally hoped to woo a girl by finding them, but thankfully I found other ways to do that. I still enjoy making her happy though and I will go to great lengths to do it.

A. Recipe. Must. Be. Found. ! :D

i know it's bad etiquette to resurrect an old post, and I certainly don't want my first post to be in bad form but...

I am so excited to have found this post!

I have been searching for this cookie since at least 2004. My girlfriend grew up in Brooklyn and very shortly after I first met her mentioned this being her favorite cookie. Her best guess at spelling it was "Saviad". Google turns up practically nothing from that, but I've still attempted at least a couple of times a year to find this elusive cookie.

Last night the poor girl had a dream about the things in which a sweet Italian baker gave her the recipe and spent today being very disappointed that it was only a dream. Of course I started my search all over again.

A post to the food section of the NYC craigslist finally tipped me off that I'm looking for the Saviata and sent me here. Now I'm excited to finally have at least tracked down a common name, but also disappointed that so many others are having no luck with a recipe.

I am bound and determined to find these things. I originally hoped to woo a girl by finding them, but thankfully I found other ways to do that. I still enjoy making her happy though and I will go to great lengths to do it.

A. Recipe. Must. Be. Found. ! :D

That's great. Good luck with the venture.

has anyone found these cookies yet

i am searching for the recipes for these cookies.. any help pleassse!!

Back
Top Bottom