"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 07-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #41
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarcas View Post
I was raised in Bergen County, New Jersey. The cookies are available at the Lyndhurst Pastry Shop in Lyndhurst, NJ and Hackensack Pastry in Hackensack, NJ. I have also bought them at the shore at Fumosa Brothers Bakery on Rt 35 in Ortley Beach, NJ. I now live in South Jersey and they are hard to find. I'll keep trying and if I ever find anything I'll let you know.

I was raised in Bergen County too !

Old 08-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #42
Assistant Cook

That recipe sounds just delicious. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #43
Assistant Cook

Does anyone know a good recipe for some good Cannolis?
Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #44
Assistant Cook

I remember when i was about 14, being taken to a dessert shop that i believe is in Little Italy, called Ferrera's. My pudding heaven, there should be one in every city.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 PM   #45
Senior Cook

Vicky, thank you for bringing back so many memories when you talked about all that delicious italian food. Growing up in South Brazil among so many italian families was great because I ate the most wonderfull food... "Mangia, mangia che te fa bene"
Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM   #46
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to ApplianceInsider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefmaster789 View Post
Does anyone know a good recipe for some good Cannolis?
I have a good Cannoli recipe. PM me and I'll shoot it over to you.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #47
Assistant Cook

Exclamation

i know it's bad etiquette to resurrect an old post, and I certainly don't want my first post to be in bad form but...

I am so excited to have found this post!

I have been searching for this cookie since at least 2004. My girlfriend grew up in Brooklyn and very shortly after I first met her mentioned this being her favorite cookie. Her best guess at spelling it was "Saviad". Google turns up practically nothing from that, but I've still attempted at least a couple of times a year to find this elusive cookie.

Last night the poor girl had a dream about the things in which a sweet Italian baker gave her the recipe and spent today being very disappointed that it was only a dream. Of course I started my search all over again.

A post to the food section of the NYC craigslist finally tipped me off that I'm looking for the Saviata and sent me here. Now I'm excited to finally have at least tracked down a common name, but also disappointed that so many others are having no luck with a recipe.

I am bound and determined to find these things. I originally hoped to woo a girl by finding them, but thankfully I found other ways to do that. I still enjoy making her happy though and I will go to great lengths to do it.

A. Recipe. Must. Be. Found. !
Old 02-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #48
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieHunter View Post
i know it's bad etiquette to resurrect an old post, and I certainly don't want my first post to be in bad form but...

I am so excited to have found this post!

I have been searching for this cookie since at least 2004. My girlfriend grew up in Brooklyn and very shortly after I first met her mentioned this being her favorite cookie. Her best guess at spelling it was "Saviad". Google turns up practically nothing from that, but I've still attempted at least a couple of times a year to find this elusive cookie.

Last night the poor girl had a dream about the things in which a sweet Italian baker gave her the recipe and spent today being very disappointed that it was only a dream. Of course I started my search all over again.

A post to the food section of the NYC craigslist finally tipped me off that I'm looking for the Saviata and sent me here. Now I'm excited to finally have at least tracked down a common name, but also disappointed that so many others are having no luck with a recipe.

I am bound and determined to find these things. I originally hoped to woo a girl by finding them, but thankfully I found other ways to do that. I still enjoy making her happy though and I will go to great lengths to do it.

A. Recipe. Must. Be. Found. !

That's great. Good luck with the venture.

//www.lowcarbgrub.com
megamark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #49
Assistant Cook

has anyone found these cookies yet

i am searching for the recipes for these cookies.. any help pleassse!!

Tags
new york, new york city, nyc