OH - Akron ... Carousel Dinner Theatre closed tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's very sad. Indianapolis lost its Ballet company a couple of years ago. They were a fantastic company, to the point New York Theatre critics were giving them great reviews.

Indianapolis lost a lot when they lost the Ballet.

I work in the theatre industry, I am just glad I am aligned with a University. It's scary out there trying to make in the arts world right now.

You know, I saw the thread and had to come here. It will be missed! I immediately remembered going there for several shows. The most memorable one was Fiddler on the Roof. Of course this was in the 70's when dinner theater was in it's heyday. I don't always remember where everyone is from so I was suprised to see this. I'm thinking "I wonder if it's the same one in Cleveland area?" Sorry to hear about it's closing.

Yes, it's the one in the Akron area, south of Cleveland. It's sad, isn't it? nt

x
You know, I saw the thread and had to come here. It will be missed! I immediately remembered going there for several shows. The most memorable one was Fiddler on the Roof. Of course this was in the 70's when dinner theater was in it's heyday. I don't always remember where everyone is from so I was suprised to see this. I'm thinking "I wonder if it's the same one in Cleveland area?" Sorry to hear about it's closing.

Pie,
I see you are a chef in NE Ohio.................know anyone that needs a good sous chef?

Nothing lasts forever, in spite of how badly we want it to. I never went there, but my parents and in-laws enjoyed the occasional trip South to the tire city.

I love to go to theatre and the fact that it was the longest running dinner theatre in the country shows (at least to me) that we lost something special.

I was lucky to have seen a friend in the musical Beehive and it was sooo much fun! I am glad to be able to say I have been there.

I have been to all kinds of local theatres to see plays. It use to be one of my favorite things to do before I started caregiving. The last play that I saw was "The Lion King" and I took my mother.

I had missed that announcement. I saw a few things there - The Sound of Music and carosel. I would have loved to have gone more, but theater went from our budget when we had the kids

Back
Top Bottom