"Oh Dennis" in Racine, Wisconsin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
Last night we ended our vacation with dinner at Oh Dennis. To see the place you would not be impressed. The building is painted black. No window, door is around back. Inside is lighted with various neon signs.

The Menu.. if you are a vegetarian, avoid this place. Fantastic selection of meats, seafood.

I started with a great dirty martini, well made! My salad was a wedge of lettuce with home made blue cheese dressing, sprinkled with blue cheese. (special salad for the evening, not on the menu).

I love a good rack of Baby Back ribs so that's what I ordered, although the frenched rib eye was also tempting. I am VERY happy I got the ribs. Frankly, they were the best baby back ribs I have ever eaten. Moist, falling off the bone tender, just enough smoke in the meat. The sauce was tangy with just enough heat(not hot at all). The full rack was all I could eat, leaving most of baked potato on the plate.

There is nothing fancy about this place, it is not cheap but not terrible. I did not have dessert and got out for under $40 with the Tanqueray Martini.

If you are in Racine and love a good steak or ribs. Definitely find Oh Dennis.

sounds wonderful, wish it was near me. i can't think of more than one place that serves ribs, near me. the one place is also not fancy at all. they have been in business for over forty years in the same location. about ten tables in all covered in plastic checkered cloths.you order at counter and pay and they are quick on giving you your meal. only beef, pork, and pork ribs. no menus at all. just mac. salad, or coleslaw. hunks of meat or great sandwichs. their sauce is to die for and people stop in just to buy the sauce. i have done it. my very fave, is the pork sandwich on bun with extra sauce, oh and beans and coleslaw. no where as expensive as where you were. i don't think they even serve beer. sometimes the most unassuming places are the best. i order to go, so i can sit in my house and let the sauce fall where it may. ain't life grand!!!

I also have a place near with me that is also not fancy but the food is great! They also have menus but not the same as the other restaurant that has pictures on it. One on my favorite there is their steak. Still I'm exploring how they marinate it and also, the sauce is also tempting. It is like a gravy sauce but it is sweet.

Last night we ended our vacation with dinner at Oh Dennis. To see the place you would not be impressed. The building is painted black. No window, door is around back. Inside is lighted with various neon signs.

The Menu.. if you are a vegetarian, avoid this place. Fantastic selection of meats, seafood.

I started with a great dirty martini, well made! My salad was a wedge of lettuce with home made blue cheese dressing, sprinkled with blue cheese. (special salad for the evening, not on the menu).

I love a good rack of Baby Back ribs so that's what I ordered, although the frenched rib eye was also tempting. I am VERY happy I got the ribs. Frankly, they were the best baby back ribs I have ever eaten. Moist, falling off the bone tender, just enough smoke in the meat. The sauce was tangy with just enough heat(not hot at all). The full rack was all I could eat, leaving most of baked potato on the plate.

There is nothing fancy about this place, it is not cheap but not terrible. I did not have dessert and got out for under $40 with the Tanqueray Martini.

If you are in Racine and love a good steak or ribs. Definitely find Oh Dennis.
Thanks for the review Jeff!

Next time you're up by us you've got to try the Frenched Ribeye (Cowboy Steak) or even better is the Cowboy Porkchop which is a double rib prime rib of pork that is served bone-in. Either way I prefer them char-crusted and served with bleu-cheese butter.

Our ribs are all imported from Europe and our sauce is our little secret. The full rack is a whole rack of ribs and another two thirds of a rack so that served with a salad and a potato is quite a bit to eat.

Thanks again for the accolades!

Back
Top Bottom