"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 12-12-2008, 03:56 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Send a message via AIM to BeAR <3 BuNNy
PA - Lancaster, York, Harrisburg

this local to anyone? I'm a sous chef at 2 restaurants. one in lancaster county, the other in lebenon

The Quentin Tavern

Farmers Hope inn

also some of my favorite places to dine is cobblestones in york and the ichiban japanese steakhouse in lancaster. anyone have any other great dining locations in this area?

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow. To Feel inspired, to fathom the power, to whitness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of divinity and still be a human. spyrilautte...keep it going.
BeAR <3 BuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Cook

I have lived in SC PA for the past twenty three years or so. There are a bunch of great restaurants and dining is always a treat. I don't get over your way much but on one occasion I ended up in Lancaster and I believe it was the Cattleman's Restaurant or the Stockyard or something like that. Fantastic! It was a few years ago and it is right in Lancaster next to the old stockyards. Harrisburg's second street has morphed in the time I've been here in ways that you had to to see to believe. A lot of great food. My favorite though is probably ABC on Cameron Street.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Master Chef

I went to school in York up to the eighth grade many years ago, and still get back to Hanover a few times a year.............

All I remember about dining there is the Famous Restaurant and the Olde York Inn.........
Old 12-12-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Head Chef

Lived in philly for 4 years, where I learned the proper way to pronounce Lancaster!!! Been to Lancaster quite a few times. Loved going to the markets in the summer/ fall seeing the cabbages that were the size of basketballs. never been to york, although Im thinking of taken my kids ona mini " history vacation", hitting valley forge, gettysburg, among other places, so Ill be out your way. Also remember going to some farming expo in harrisburg way back when. Cant forget the many trips to hershey too. So yes, im relatively familiar with the area.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #5
Sous Chef

visted the area a few times.

been to a few amish resurants. cant remember the names
almsot bought a pot bellied pig from a farmer
Old 12-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Hi BeAR,
We were on a bed and breakfast arranged wine and cheese tour in Lancaster county. Visted wineries and an amish farm that was set up for making cheese. The tour ended at Carr's Resturant in Lancaster for a dinner of paired wines and the use of local cheese in the courses served. It is in downtown Lancaster. Good atmosphere and courses nicely prepared and well presented.

The Green Hills Inn we have gone to twice. It is isn't up scale hip like Carr's. It is more of a classic quality or country elegance. Chateaubriand at a bargain compared to Philadelphia resturants. Both resturants are Zaget listed so enjoy!