PA - Lancaster, York, Harrisburg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeAR <3 BuNNy

Assistant Cook
this local to anyone? I'm a sous chef at 2 restaurants. one in lancaster county, the other in lebenon

The Quentin Tavern

Farmers Hope inn

also some of my favorite places to dine is cobblestones in york and the ichiban japanese steakhouse in lancaster. anyone have any other great dining locations in this area?

I have lived in SC PA for the past twenty three years or so. There are a bunch of great restaurants and dining is always a treat. I don't get over your way much but on one occasion I ended up in Lancaster and I believe it was the Cattleman's Restaurant or the Stockyard or something like that. Fantastic! It was a few years ago and it is right in Lancaster next to the old stockyards. Harrisburg's second street has morphed in the time I've been here in ways that you had to to see to believe. A lot of great food. My favorite though is probably ABC on Cameron Street.

I went to school in York up to the eighth grade many years ago, and still get back to Hanover a few times a year.............

All I remember about dining there is the Famous Restaurant and the Olde York Inn.........

Lived in philly for 4 years, where I learned the proper way to pronounce Lancaster!!! Been to Lancaster quite a few times. Loved going to the markets in the summer/ fall seeing the cabbages that were the size of basketballs. never been to york, although Im thinking of taken my kids ona mini " history vacation", hitting valley forge, gettysburg, among other places, so Ill be out your way. Also remember going to some farming expo in harrisburg way back when. Cant forget the many trips to hershey too. So yes, im relatively familiar with the area.

Hi BeAR,
We were on a bed and breakfast arranged wine and cheese tour in Lancaster county. Visted wineries and an amish farm that was set up for making cheese. The tour ended at Carr's Resturant in Lancaster for a dinner of paired wines and the use of local cheese in the courses served. It is in downtown Lancaster. Good atmosphere and courses nicely prepared and well presented.

The Green Hills Inn we have gone to twice. It is isn't up scale hip like Carr's. It is more of a classic quality or country elegance. Chateaubriand at a bargain compared to Philadelphia resturants. Both resturants are Zaget listed so enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom