Recipe for Wendy's Chili :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rheadewey

Assistant Cook
Tried it out and it's close to the real one! Not perfect but I'll try again next time :D

Ingredients
2 lbs. ground beef
1 (29-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cup water
1 (29-oz.) can pinto beans, undrained
1 (29-oz.) can kidney beans, undrained
1 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green chili
1/2 cup diced celery
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper

2 teaspoons salt
dash garlic powder

Directions

1. In large skillet, over medium-high heat, brown meat; drain fat. Using a fork, crumble meat. Transfer to Dutch oven.

2. Add remaining ingredients to Dutch oven; reduce heat to low; bring to simmer; simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

Serves 6

I have a recipe for Wendy's Chili that is very very similar. So similar that I would call it the same. I think the only thing missing is some diced green bell pepper. This recipe is very close to the real thing. I usually do not like copycat recipes as I find other recipes that are better, but this has been my go to chili recipe since I found it. It is really quite good.

I have a recipe for Wendy's Chili that is very very similar. So similar that I would call it the same. I think the only thing missing is some diced green bell pepper. This recipe is very close to the real thing. I usually do not like copycat recipes as I find other recipes that are better, but this has been my go to chili recipe since I found it. It is really quite good.

GB, I think you and I have the same recipe. It's a keeper!

I miss Wendy's salad bar. That and a bowl of their chili was my most favorite fast food meal..... sighhhhhhhh

I miss Wendy's salad bar. That and a bowl of their chili was my most favorite fast food meal..... sighhhhhhhh

Me too. Do you remember their short try at breakfast sandwiches? Boy those were good, GREAT biscuits.

Last edited:
I love Wendy's chili! Thanks for posting, and it looks like a snap to throw together.

I love Wendy's burgers and also that chili. Thanks for posting! If you have some recipe for their burgers, please post also. Thanks again.

I'm going to try this with ground turkey breast instead of ground beef. I used to LOVE Wendy's chili, but I haven't eaten beef in 20 years. Glad to have this recipe!

I live very near the Wendy's that had the finger incedent a few years back.I worked down the street from it and 3 people from work ate there that day for lunch and had the chili.I got to see the expressions on their faces when they were told about it.
I laugh now and it was pretty funny then.Most of us knew it had to be hoax and it turned out it was.the poor guy who owned the restaurant was the one hurt.His business was thriving one day and the next day the parking lot was filled with news vans and no customers.It went like that for a couple of months.

BTY....I like their chili too.

Sounds good, I'm totally in the mood for chili now. No more pre-made chili packets for me! :)

Love their chili also - When I am in the mood for red beans and rice and since im the only one that eats it - I get a wendys chili bring it home and cook up some rice put in a bowl then pour the wendys chili over it. Not as good a big pot of homemade red beans and rice but its the next best.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom