"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 05-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Glad you are back Andy and that you had a good time.
kades

Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

sounds like a great time, andy. you're lucky that your so's whine wasn't "i want to go back to floridaaaaa".

that's all i hear since our last trip.

i have to give you credit for driving, though. i couldn't do it. more than 12 hours in a car makes me kooky.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
sounds like a great time, andy. you're lucky that your so's whine wasn't "i want to go back to floridaaaaa".

that's all i hear since our last trip.

i have to give you credit for driving, though. i couldn't do it. more than 12 hours in a car makes me kooky.

BT, If we were in a resort area the whine may have been different. BTW, we flew Jet Blue. I have no interest in driving from MA to FL.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
Head Chef

I think Bucky thought you drove because you referred to it as a road trip, Andy. We drive north every summer to visit our children and grandchildren . To the kids in New York State it is 2 nights and 3 days of hard driving. Since the family (and friends) are scattered, we feel that we need to do the road trip. When any of them come to Florida, they fly. We visit family in VA, N.C. , and a friend in Pa. Then to Ithaca New York and to the Adirondacks. DH wants to go to Ottawa, too.

Bucky, tell your wife that it is 92 degrees here and extremely humid today. Forecasts are for a long, very hot and humid summer. Can't wait to get away for awhile.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Master Chef

I think the "springs" area of Florida is the most under-rated. Any of the springs are wonderful: clear water that is the same temperature year-round, and since most tourists tend to gravitate to the beaches they tend to not be so crowded. There is one where the manatees tend to winter. There is one that used to have a pancake griddle (picture a Japanese steak house; tables for 4 or 6 with a griddle in the middle, two pitchers of pancake batter, several of various kinds of syrup, the regular sides). One springs has a lovely run. You rent tires outside of the park, and just spend the day meandering from one end down to the springs and lug it back up again and go some more. Others are great places to canoe or kayak. If anyone is planning a trip to central FL, give me a yell and I'll try to remember the names of the above.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Buonasera Andy,

Truly enjoy reading trip anecdotes and restaurant scene news ... Thanks for enjoyable report and pleased to hear that you enjoyed ...

Ciao,
Margi.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
Head Chef

Claire,

There's Silver Springs near Ocala with the glass bottom boats. Homossassa Park hads manatees who are recuperating from injuries due to unsafe boating practices by some lunatics. Rainbow Spring is where you can rent kayaks and float down the Rainbow River. At least around here.