Romeoville, IL to Pidgeon Forge, TN - need directions and where to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanaof6

Assistant Cook
Hi, I am traveling to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. I live in Romeoville IL and would like to take a way through Kentucky. Does anyone know a good way to go and any outlet malls that's on my way there and of coarse a good place to eat. Any information or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :unsure:

Speaking from experience, the KY to TN route does not take you by any good outlet malls until you get into Pigeon Forge proper. You are going to be on 75 most of the way (to Knoxville) and then there are a few routes to get you over to the Pigeon Forge area. Depending on where you are staying, you may want to try mapquest. I like to go into the Smokies through Maryville and stay south of Pigeon Forge in the Townsend/Wears Valley area. Less traffic and very pretty, close to the National Park.

I really don't do too much shopping on my Smokies trips and I usually cook most of our own food. So I am no good on restaurant recommendations. I would go to Chowhound Boards - Chowhound and look at what people say - you can do a search for Pigeon Forge and find out where people recommend for eating out.

One place I do like to go, and it should be open soon is the Tuckaleechee Trout Farm. It is a rustic place where you catch your own dinner and they fry it up for you. It is delicious and fresh. It is a bit off of the beaten path.

Have fun on your trip nana!

According to Google, your route will take you near Lexington and Louisville in Kentucky. I haven't traveled to those areas in many years, so don't know if there are any outlet malls in their region. A Google search might be of help to you. I did a search for "outlet malls near Lexington, KY" and came up with several results, but didn't click on them to see what could be found.

Enjoy your trip. The drive is going to be a long one if you plan to do it in one shot - a little over 9 hours.

Back
Top Bottom