Savannah GA Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
We will be visiting Savannah GA for a few days next week, staying in the historic district. Are there any local specialties generally not available elsewhere, or anything in season right now that we need to try? Any restaurant recommendations?

Got to go to Pearl’s Saltwater Grill and ask for a water view table. Beautiful with great food

And no I will not recommend Paula Deans. I refuse to stand in line to make reservations for dinner.

Last edited:
Oh yeah on the river front there is a shop that has daiquiris in these slurpy machine. Helps the hot noon day sun.

For breakfast go to Tybee Island to the Breakfast Club.

Another on Tybee is a hole in the wall called AJ’s Dockside restaurant.

The Olde Pink Hous is good food except $$$

Most all restaurants are good these are our favs

Last edited:
I'd go with what GA Home Cook says. As close to a Savannah local as you are likely to find.

CD

Got to go to Pearl’s Saltwater Grill and ask for a water view table. Beautiful with great food

And no I will not recommend Paula Deans. I refuse to stand in line to make reservations for dinner.

Not to mention they bring them in by the bus load!:ohmy:

I have yet to go to a celebrity chef's restaurant that I thought was worth the hype. Even Gordon Ramsey's joint in Vegas sucked, IMO, and he has a show tearing apart restaurants.

CD

I have yet to go to a celebrity chef's restaurant that I thought was worth the hype. Even Gordon Ramsey's joint in Vegas sucked, IMO, and he has a show tearing apart restaurants.

CD

On the rare occasion that I do go out to eat, I want peace and quiet. Not the celebrity hype that brings in a long of noisy diners.

There is an Italian restaurant within walking distance of my home. My daughter and I go there about two or three times a year for lunch. It is peaceful, service is fantastic and I get to really enjoy myself. That is the main reason that restaurant has been there since the late 20's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom