SC - Myrtle Beach .. good seafood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koral280

Assistant Cook
My husband and I trek to MB every Thanksgiving for some R & R and we have yet to find a decent seafood restaurant. Those huge seafood buffets with all that "food" that tastes the same are a real turn off. Does anyone have any recomendations for this years trip? Good fresh seafood, not immediate satisfaction sea"food".

Tanks!!!

Drive a little north (not that far) to Calabash, NC. I can't remember the name of the place, but across from the Christmas store is a little seafood place. It has a sign that says something about it being the original...

It really isn't hard to find. We only had the shrimp there, but it was fantastic! I don't know if they are open on Thanksgiving--we were there in the summer a few years ago. We went there for the dolphin tour, which was fantastic, albeit very wet, and had lunch at this place.

:)Barbara

cant think of any other than the buffets ...
but Margaritaville has really good seafood ..
and its a really fun place ..

I've only been once. Stay away from a dingy bar called the "Blue Parrot" . OTOH, they did serve us a bowl of hard cooked eggs (still warm) with our glass of wine, and left us the salt shaker. :LOL:

We lived across the border in NC for 14 years and I agree with you about Myrtle. In Sunset Beach, by the bridge, try Twin Lakes Seafood (910-579-6373). Should be able to get something other than fried there.Nice view of the Intercoastal too. The Seafood Hut in Calabash has the best fried seafood in the area...people line up outside as it's a small place and it's always busy. Since we have moved back north to south PA we have had the best fish and crab in 14 yrs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom