South Africa, Cape Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hougie

Assistant Cook
I'll be travelling to Cape Town, South Africa in mid-May. Anyone familiar with "have to visit" places for an inquisitive foodie?

My fiance is from Durban, and has spent a lot of time in Cape Town. I'll as her if she has any suggestions.

Hougie, I am familiar with Cape Town, are you interested in fine dining or more casual types of reataurant? Let me know nad I can give you some great ideas

I had a MSN contact from Cape Town, she was always raving about "Braai", some sort of barbeque but she insisted it was not your ordinary barbeque. If you are into meaty fare anywhere which offer this should be an uniquely South African experience. (sorry, I lost touch with her now so I can't ask any detail as to where is the good place to get them... I have another FB contact from Johanesburg, I will give it a try with her, though she doesn't come on very often....)

Braai

A "have to visit" place is certainly the Neighbourgoodsmarket at the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock on Saturdays. You won't be dissappointed.

Must agree with Jamie, a great place to go. The Chapman's Peak hotel in Hout Bay for calamrie or any type of fish seated out on the deck is recommended and for fine dining La Colombe in Constantia is fabulous. Cape Town is known for it's good eateries so Hougie won't have any problem eating well

I think there was a restuant in cape town that was listed in the top 50 resturant post on here..

Back
Top Bottom