South of the Border

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Stopped while driving to Florida >>> South of the Border

South Of The Border
Interstate 95-U.S. 301-501
South Carolina, 29547

PHYSICAL ADDRESS
3346 Highway 301 North
Hamer, SC 29547
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA
Fantastic steak at the Peddler Steakhouse!!

img_1028276_0_e68ebdb65c42124d856368e1f68d3324.jpg

BTW a 2 room suite with 2 full baths, microwave and fridge was only $62.00 before tax!!!

You may very well be the first person I have ever heard use the word fantastic in reference to anything at SOB... goodness. :LOL:

i'm sorry your post was received so badly (as i:m reading it), mofet.
i've got a lot of questions for you about your trip. we're changing plans for our august vacation daily.

Steaks cooked over live charcoal???
As opposed to dead, or unlit, charcoal? lol

Sounds like you had a good time.

SOB is an institution! I've never been there during the day. We would stop there with the band buses on our way to FLA for shows at Disney or Universal. It was usually 3am and was a bathroom stop and change drivers. It's quite a unique place.

You may very well be the first person I have ever heard use the word fantastic in reference to anything at SOB... goodness. :LOL:
Have you eaten at Peddler's recently? We ate there last year and this year. It was cooked to a perfect medium and delicious!! All the food we had there (4 of us) was great. And I am VERY picky I send ANYTHING and EVERYTHING back when I am not happy. I didn't send anything back either time we ate there.

You must have eaten at the fast food dive the Hot Tamale (which is in Taco Bell's class of food) NOT the sit down and served Peddler's Steak House.

Last edited:
i'm sorry your post was received so badly (as i:m reading it), mofet.
i've got a lot of questions for you about your trip. we're changing plans for our august vacation daily.

Ok bucky fire away. We drive to fla almost every year and stop there everytime (we only stayed over night 2X. Not sure how long that suite rate will be that price. Nice pool inside and they have an outdoor pool also)! It's fun to look around. AND the cute billboards on I-95 (both directions north and south) keep the kids amused and counting the miles till we get there.

Steaks cooked over live charcoal???
As opposed to dead, or unlit, charcoal? lol

Sounds like you had a good time.

HMMMMMMMMMMMM yes until I got a speeding ticket (coming north) in SC just 14 miles south of SOB (I know that thanks to a billboard)! LOL I had cruise control off for 20 minutes!! My first in 25 years!! We ALWAYS have bad luck in South Carolina!! Blow out on front drivers side tire doing speed limit of 70 MPH - had to ride on donut to fla because thats the only place that had our tires, gas gauge went and had to guess when to fill up tank always a fun game - just to mention 2!! Something happens every time we drive through SC.

It was fun despite all the little annoyances.

SOB is an institution! I've never been there during the day. We would stop there with the band buses on our way to FLA for shows at Disney or Universal. It was usually 3am and was a bathroom stop and change drivers. It's quite a unique place.

It is a fun places to visit. The shops have a lot of fun things to look through. Not thrilled with the public restroom in the stone building (on the Hot Tamale side of road). LOL I use the one at the Mexico Shop across the street connected to the Sombrero Restuarant.

Have you eaten at Peddler's recently? We ate there last year and this year. It was cooked to a perfect medium and delicious!! All the food we had there (4 of us) was great. And I am VERY picky I send ANYTHING and EVERYTHING back when I am not happy. I didn't send anything back either time we ate there.

You must have eaten at the fast food dive the Hot Tamale (which is in Taco Bell's class of food) NOT the sit down and served Peddler's Steak House.

I have not been to SOB in many a year. Back when I lived near by we would go on a lark, and there always seemed to be drinking involved. :LOL:

I am glad you had a good meal, it is surprising with my experience there. Maybe they are stepping it up and spending more money on putting out a good product and less on bill boards.

Back
Top Bottom