TN - Nashville .. where to eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Granny_lynn2003

Assistant Cook
My sisters and I are travelling by van from canada to New Orleans in September. We will be spending some time in Nashville. Does anyone know a really good place to eat while we are there.

It has been a few years since we were there, but the only place we liked when we went there was Corky's for BBQ. It was a little pricey but pretty good eats.
Did a search on Food Network for Nashville and came up with these results on where to eat in Nashville:
Food Network Search

They have a listing for Neelys BBQ, Nashville for food lovers, where to eat in Nashville, and dining on $40 a day in Nashville.
Hope it helps!

I've been to Corky's BBQ (several years back) and it was extremely good. I do not remember how the pricing was.

What kind of food do you like? Nashville is full of some really good restaurants, all types, and price ranges. I wouldn't really recommend Corky's, as it is a chain and you can eat there in alot of cities.

I have no idea if there is a Corky's in Canada. It's just that as I have lived in Nashville for the last forty some odd years, I know that it is not a restaurant that would be recommended by most of us here. They will be going through Memphis on the way to New Orleans and I think that would be a much better place to go to Corky's or any BBQ place for that matter. Some restaurants in Nashville, like anywhere else, are only in Nashville.

Sorry, misread you there. To make sure I understand, are you saying Corky's is better in Memphis than Nashville? Always wanted to try Neely's, is it as good as they say?

I have always wanted to try Memphis BBQ too, it seems to come highly recommended. DW and I were in Nashville about 9 years ago, we were camping out so cooked most of our food at the campsite or packed lunches. We only ate out a couple times, and that was usually for lunch. I think Corky's was the only place we ate a dinner at. And while we did like it, we felt it was pretty pricey and could have done better.

Well, I totally messed up. I went to Corky's in Memphis, not Nashville.

I did eat at a great BBQ place in the heart of downtown Nashville, but I do not remeber the name. All I remember is that it was up an alley behind another building. Sorry, I'm not much help.

I can tell you where NOT to eat in Tenn.....WHITT's BBQ!

Voted Best BBQ In Mid-TN and Shelbyville for 18 Years in a Row!
I would say the above is a pretty BOLD statement! It may even border on being pretty high on the BS scale :rolleyes: Five o'clock on a Friday night there was no smell of smoke or que and I was the only one there.

Small menu (no problem with that :) ) with Pork, Beef, Ribs, Smoked Turkey & Chicken with a few sides and combo's available.

I opted for the Rib Plate to go with beans, potato salad, rolls, pickle and an added bag of chips.

img_550994_0_ef5a21a2d2f098a278ae43cd03a1eda4.jpg

The ribs were in a watery-vinegar type of liquid and were WAYYYY over cooked....past falling off the bone, almost disintegrating in your fingers when attempting to pick them up :( They may have seen some 'smoke' at one time or the other, as the insides were pink, while the outside was water logged. Not much flavor, other than the vinegar stuff.

The potato salad was the standard commercial variety which was made better by adding salt and pepper to cover up the preservatives. The beans were straight from a can with no additions of meats, sauces, etc. Along with the rest, quite bland.

I did have the option of rolls or cornbread and I chose the rolls. Not sure if that was a mistake or not!!! Pickle and chips were good ;)

I'm not sure if I hit them on a bad day or not, but think I'll take my chances with the Krystal Burger joint next door for lunch :ohmy:

I would opt for the Krystal also, they are located next door to each other about 1/2 mile from where I grew up and having had both, you might as well go to Krystal. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom