TX - Austin ... ISO the best BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foo-n-kay

Assistant Cook
Hello fellow DC's. I will be heading to Austin this weekend to watch my nephew in the Texas State Finals for high school wrestling. I know there are ample BBQ joints around. Does anyone know of THEE one to go to? Thanks...

I'm sure things have changed a LOT since I lived there back in the early 1970's - but one place you might want to check out is Stubb's. I tend to stay away from the "BBQ Chain" restaurant places - look for the little "hole-n-the-wall" joints.

Ask the desk clerk at your hotel - and some of the Austin locals sitting in the grandstands for suggestions. They will know the best places.

Heh, isn't there actually a place called "Hole-in-the-wall"? Not BBQ though. The only places I've been to in the Austin area are The County Line which has great ribs and Rudy's which seems to be popular around here. The meat wasn't anything special, I've had better; but their creamed corn is addictive.

Hook 'em

ok, no, it's not bbq, but whilst in austin, go hit up the magnolia grill. breakfast rocks, esp when it's the day they make mango pancakes (there's a pancake of the day there, and the gingerbread ones are supersweet too). i'm completely in love with the california salad there, with just the best house vinagrette dressing EVER. also, stop by amy's ice cream at some point, cuz that's all good too. have fun!!

thanks for the feedback guys. Ate at a couple of good places. First, the Iron Cactus right on 6th St. Then at The County Line BBQ. The brisket there was the best I've had.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom