"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Road Food

Old 03-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #11
Sous Chef

Love Whole Foods - keep an eye out for them on all our travels. In fact, I printed out the store locations so I won't miss one!! I could spend the kid's inheritance in them.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:34 AM   #12
Head Chef

I absolutely LOVE Whole Foods. I drive 2 hours one way just to shop at the one nearest to me. The quality of food is top notch, it is a wonderful market.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:19 AM   #13
Executive Chef

I love Whole Foods although its pretty expensive.I literally get goosebumps when I walk in.Its a 3 hour drive to get to one in Santa Fe so I dont get there very often.I thought I read somewhere that Whole Foods just bought out Wild Oats.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
Well, according to Mapquest, I live 4.32 miles to the nearest Whole Foods. Sounds like our family should go there more often, but we live 2 blocks away from Central Market, one of their true competitors in this city. Yes, I've posted about them before, sorry. They have around noontime, enough free samples to eat a full dinner, yummy. Like Whole Foods, I could lose my rent money in there.

Oh, and since Whole Foods is headquartered here, we got to see them rebuild their HQ. Included with the grocery store and offices, it's a 5-story building, plus 3 levels of parking.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Oh Baby!I about know the Central Market in Austin.Ive never been there but my boss in Texas will bring me alot of the things I cant get by their ranch.That would definately be another goosebump experience.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraa
Well, according to Mapquest, I live 4.32 miles to the nearest Whole Foods. Sounds like our family should go there more often, but we live 2 blocks away from Central Market, one of their true competitors in this city. Yes, I've posted about them before, sorry. They have around noontime, enough free samples to eat a full dinner, yummy. Like Whole Foods, I could lose my rent money in there.

Oh, and since Whole Foods is headquartered here, we got to see them rebuild their HQ. Included with the grocery store and offices, it's a 5-story building, plus 3 levels of parking.
You are SO lucky to be in Austin - its foodie heaven as far as I'm concerned! My husband's company **might** relocate us there this year and I am downright giddy at the prospect. The HQ for Whole Foods is amazing - I actually got light-headed when I walked in the door.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
Executive Chef

not just the variety, but the quality, and the care taken with storage and presentation. An expensive store, but fresh foods last in my fridge, so I waste nothing. I save money. I love whole foods...wish one was closer to where I live.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #18
Head Chef

I would dearly love to have a Whole Foods market nearby, but that is not to be any time soon, I'm sure. I'd probably have to take out a bank loan to pay for all I would buy if I ever do get to one.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
Head Chef

I would dearly love to have a Whole Foods market nearby, but that is not to be any time soon, I'm sure. I'd probably have to take out a bank loan to pay for all I would buy if I ever do get to one.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #20
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to mraa Send a message via Yahoo to mraa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots
You are SO lucky to be in Austin - its foodie heaven as far as I'm concerned! My husband's company **might** relocate us there this year and I am downright giddy at the prospect. The HQ for Whole Foods is amazing - I actually got light-headed when I walked in the door.
Yay! I'd love to meet ya @ Whole Foods and/or Central Market. But according to DH, the best place to eat is ... my house! ROFL ...

But seriously ... it would be cool.

Tags
virginia