Victoria BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Hey all, I'm in Victoria for the next few days and we are looking for a nice family place to have dinner with the team on Monday evening. Something that won't break the bank if possible. I'm just down on Millstream road if anyone has any suggestions in that area.

I don't know where on Millstream you are, Alix, but there is a little place located at 2345 Millstream Rd called the Chequered Flag. It is quaint and served burgers and comfort food. I haven't been in awhile and I have heard some reports that it is not like it was 10 years ago, but that they still have reasonably price good food. Hope that helps. There are also a Subway, The Wok Box and there was a Smitty's Pancake House along Millstream (though I am not sure if Smitty's still exists. Oh, yeah, there is a pizza/pasta place near the Chequered Flag but I can never remember the name of it.

Enjoy your stay in Victoria - I sure wish I could hop a ferry and meet you there! If I could live anywhere else, that would be my first choice!

We ate at the Chequered Flag last night. It was great! Reasonably priced (and a 10% discount for the ball tourney folks!) and the food was very good. I had chicken cordon bleu with peppercorn sauce and Kate had beef ribs. She amazed everyone by eating the entire slab and then polishing off the fries on all the plates around her. (And folks wonder about my grocery bill!)

Thanks for the suggestion! We are going back there on Monday night I think. Tonight is going to be all day at the park. They have an 1130 and a 645 game.

Oh, and so far, they've lost both games. They were so close both games but the other team managed to squeak it out both times darn it! Hoping for a win today!

Back
Top Bottom