What is the best Hot Dog you ever had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't say that I've ever seen one of those, RF. :ermm::LOL:

Every now and then I like a chili dog. :yum: I found a pic from last year - I don't remember what kind of dog it was...could have been a Hebrew National since those are the kind I'm likely to buy every couple of years, and portion them out to vacuum seal for when the craving hits.

As mentioned above, I also love the Johnsonville products, especially their brats....love the sweet Italian as well.

+1 on the willow branch over a campfire....been a long time since I've done that!

This one was especially good if I remember right, because it was a last minute dish using up the last of the tomatoes, chili, onions, and French bread.

NOW I am craving a homemade chili dog! :chef::yum:

Attachments

• chili dog.jpg
    chili dog.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 200
I'm 20 miles (40 miles round trip) from the nearest grocery store, and the same distance from a Sonic drive-in which is the nearest place I could get a take out dog.

Oooooo, a foot-long chili-cheese dog with a side of tater tots. :yum:

CD

I found this old photo while going through old files on my HD. This is how I make them at home. A beef dog with kraut and yellow mustard, and that's a bottle of cream soda on the side.

CD

Looks tasty. I put knife slices in my hotdogs for pan frying, and fry them in just a smattering of butter. I heat the buns in my toaster oven, but wish I could steam them to be more like Der Weinersnitzel. I'm trying to duplicate their chili cheese dog at home too. :D

Last edited:
Burger Kings hot dogs....are not good.. great snap, feels like a firmer pate inside and taste dipped in liquid smoke and the condiments are watery..

I've been known to slit them halfway, lay in a narrow strip of bacon and broil in the toaster oven. On a toasted bun topped with pineapple salsa, you have a Hawaiian dog.

All natural casing, grilled or steamed, with my homemade onion/garlic sauce and mustard! Chili sauce goes well with these dogs as well!

So here it is......Fredgie's hot dogs in Jensen Beach Florida has a Fredgie Dog that has PEANUT BUTTER, chili, mustard and maybe something else I can't remember. They serve it on Texas toast rolled up for the roll. It is amazing.

I learned to eat hot dogs with peanut butter and that is my favorite now.

I also like Slaw Dogs. Cole slaw on top. Yummy.

Chili Dogs and cheese are good too. There is a type of hot dog sauce that is made with ground beef that is very good. It is found in Western New York. That neck of the woods likes Salhem hot dogs. They are ok.

I love corn dogs too!

Kroger’s Private Selections has an all-brisket hot dog that’s my new favorite. And my favorite topping is American cheese melted on a toasted hot dog bun, topped with kimchi, chopped onion, and mayo. Kewpie, of course!

Back
Top Bottom