Where to go on vacation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what is this strange word, vak.....vek.....vacach......vacashun??????????????

Throw an air mattress in the bed of your truck and head out somewhere within a days drive.... do a day or two of fishing or just sitting around a fire and nothing else.:)

Basically what our vacation was this year...

well... I have to say this...

Come to Germany!!

we have wonderful nature here tideland at the North Sea shore to the Alps in the south and all the beautiful in between.. plus some extra culture things like old towns, castles and what ever you want.

I could also recommend Czech Republic or Italy

Mave, go and visit Frankonia.. best Schnitzel in the world and really not expensive ;o)
along with Schweinebraten (porks roast) and Haxen (Porks knees) and Zwiebelrostbraten(Onion beef roast)

and it's part of Bavaria, anything else to the ale?

I would deff consider Florida..lol

The whether is unreal, today is in the upper 60's

Love it

My Dad has a vacation condo on Maui that is right on the ocean. My DW and I like to get away and that is a great spot. I think the web address is mauicondo209 It might be a bit of a flight from WI, but worth it.

If your budget it limited then definitely Mexico. We loved the Mayan Riviera and would go back in a minute. We also loved our Costa Rican holiday last year. It was absolutely FANTASTIC. Hot weather, beautiful beaches, incredible food and way cool stuff to do. Zip lines through the jungle, river cruises, trips to Nicaragua...too coo!

May sound a bit pedestrian, but how about the Outer Banks - North Carolina. Beautiful beaches, wonderful fishing.

Buck and I spent many vacations on Ocrakoke Island. Untouched beaches and fabulous surf fishing. Nothing like fresh flounder for breakfast out of the water.

We spent lots of time visiting lighthouses and went to Kitty Hawk (think Wright Brothers). Kill Devil Hills is awesome, too.

The whole area is great any time of the year. As a matter of fact, we usually vacationed in October. Lots of activities for everyone.

Mom and Dad took me and my brother to the Outer Banks one time. That was real nice! But my favorite was Ireland where we got to meet some family there. How about a nice European tour? You can visit all the major cities and get a history lesson at the same time.

Oh no, LOL! I was thinking at least a month or two for Europe because we spent seven weeks in Ireland and I still didn't see enough.
Europe in a week? Oh dear. I can just see that -- look out the window of the train, there's Paris, there's London, there's Frankfurt, there's Venice, quick, take a picture!

You would probably love Costa Rica. You can visit beaches, rain forests, an active volanco, hot springs, etc. Lots of outdoor activities and wildlife. It is a beautiful country with friendly people. I stayed in the Guanacaste region and had a fantastic trip some years back.

For value, you can't beat a trip to Mexico (or Canada).

My favorite beach in the US is a little spot called St. George Island in the panhanle of FLA. It is so relaxing and the beach house rentals are inexpensive.

Planning and looking forward to the trip is part of the fun - lucky you!

Since I live here, I can also offer an unqualified endorsement for Costa Rica. For such a small country, the variety of activities and destinations is incredible. It's relatively inexpensive and I'm sure your entire family would enjoy it.

I strongly recommend a visit to the Zihuatenejo area in Guerrero, Mexico. There are limitless enjoyments to be had. From diving to clubbing, sailing to horseback riding on an empty beach, surfing to bird watching, big game fishing or shopping or just swinging in a hammock reading a book. You can stay in a 5* in Ixtapa or Acapulco, rent a beach front house or condo in Zihua, stay at a B&B in Barra de Potosi or camp out / RV it anywhere along the way. Your hosts will be generally capable of english as most of the entrepreneurs understand where US $ come from! It doesn't have to be expensive or exclusive to be delightful. Some of the best meals I've ever had have been in "Enramdas" on the beach, and you can be assured that everything you're eating was picked or caught only minutes away. If you have accommodations that include a kitchen make a trip to the local farmers market in "el centro" and revel in the variety. Wherever you go try to choose wisely and remember that Norte Americanos immune systems are not the same as our southern neighbors!!!

I would love a trip to Mexico but it has to be someplace with beaches and nowhere near jungles with nasty snakes in them. Which is gonna make it hard to figure out a way to visit the ruins which I would love to do.

Of course, I would love it if you would visit our part of Mexico - we are about 12 miles north of Puerto Vallarta on the west coast. I haven't seen a snake since I moved here, Buddy, but the jungles are close enough to touch. And of course, we have wonderful beaches here on Banderas Bay...and the dolphins keep the sharks out of the bay.

If you want to stay in the US, Bliss, then I heartily second SierraCook's recommendations of southern Oregon and Northern California. I spent my first 18 years in Ashland - what a lovely place it is!

You're getting lots of great ideas! This is fun to read!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom