2 Cabbage Salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Don't feel like cooking? Make this it's filling and has lots of vitamins.
Take 1.2 head of white and the same of red cabbage, and slice thinly on your mandoline. First remove those old outer leaves. Clean off 1/2 lb. of small mushrooms, slice them thin, I use the white buttons. Cut 1/4 lb. of swiss cheese into thin strips.Place everything in a salad bowl. Combine the juice of 1 lemon 1 tea. of Dijon or yellow prepared mustard,salt and fresh cracked black pepper in a small bowl mix til blended add 1/4 cup evoo pour over your salad toss serve at room temp add some nice warm French or Italian bread and butter. My family loves this when I add some canned white navey beans to it.
Enjoy
kades

Yummy! I should try this when hubby's not home. He won't eat anything without meat but the kids and I would enjoy this :)
It's good you could give him sausage and potatoes to make him happy;)
kades

I have cannellini, barlotti, haricot and butter beans. Going to try one of them since you don't get navy beans here. I think haricot would be the closest thing since they make baked beans from them, which would you suggest?

I have cannellini, barlotti, haricot and butter beans. Going to try one of them since you don't get navy beans here. I think haricot would be the closest thing since they make baked beans from them, which would you suggest?
I'd use the one you and the kids like best and one you don't have to run for.
kades

Made your salad earlier, intending to serve it for dinner. The kids ate the lot for lunch lol! It was good, I just got a small portion before they finished it. I made a smaller quantity than you do though since I could only find a pkt with a small red and white cabbage combo. It was enough for the 3 of us, the kids had loads! I will make it again for sure :)

Made your salad earlier, intending to serve it for dinner. The kids ate the lot for lunch lol! It was good, I just got a small portion before they finished it. I made a smaller quantity than you do though since I could only find a pkt with a small red and white cabbage combo. It was enough for the 3 of us, the kids had loads! I will make it again for sure :)
That's great I'm pleased you all like it.
kades

Don't feel like cooking? Make this it's filling and has lots of vitamins.
Take 1.2 head of white and the same of red cabbage, and slice thinly on your mandoline. First remove those old outer leaves. Clean off 1/2 lb. of small mushrooms, slice them thin, I use the white buttons. Cut 1/4 lb. of swiss cheese into thin strips.Place everything in a salad bowl. Combine the juice of 1 lemon 1 tea. of Dijon or yellow prepared mustard,salt and fresh cracked black pepper in a small bowl mix til blended add 1/4 cup evoo pour over your salad toss serve at room temp add some nice warm French or Italian bread and butter. My family loves this when I add some canned white navey beans to it.
Enjoy
kades

I will make this. Thank You so much :)

I will make this. Thank You so much :)

you're welcome please enjoy. I adore cabbage and use it as often as I can get away with it. Planning some red cabbage with dark brown sugar added Hope to do it so it tastes like my Ma's.
kades

Back
Top Bottom