American Sauce?? Made in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ugly American Phrase Book:

Where is the bathroom: Où se trouvent les toilettes

UA: OW SEE TRUE VENTLESS TERLETT... DOESN'T ANYBODY AROUND HERE SPEAKADA ENGLISH?

May I see the menu: Puis-je voir le menu

UA: PISS-JEE ... MYRTLE! HEY, MYRTLE! This here book wants me to say piss! I think they got the phrases mixed up - THIS must be the one for the bathroom! No wonder nobody knew what I was talkinabout before! (reading menu) BOW - EE- OOF AY LAH PROVEN KALE ... WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? I want MEAT, not froo-froo salad crap! (to the waiter) JUST BRING ME A BURGER AND FRIES. YOU KNOW - PARLEY VOO FRENCH FRIES? YOU OUGHTA KNOW FRENCH FRIES, THEY'RE FRENCH!

(UAs operate on the unwritten rule, "When in doubt, SCREAM AND SHOUT!")

LOL!

If it is anything like this American cheese, I wish to have no part of this!

Uckkkkkkkkk!

With love,
~Cat

Now, now, there's nothing wrong with American Cheese. I even like the food-product sort on a burger or in a grilled cheese sandwich.

There is actual American cheese that is actual cheese - it is very similar to Colby. Or maybe it's Longhorn I mean. Maybe a bit of both.

I'm gonna try a bottle (Either Heinz or Miracle Whips sauce) cause I'm tired of mixing French dressing with mayo and a little relish and dry onion flakes in order to make my burger "secret sauce".

Last edited:
It's the sauce you serve when you are eating an American. Spaghetti sauce with spaghetti, barbecue sauce with barbecue, taco sauce with tacos, enchilada sauce with enchiladas, etc.

Again, not all American cheese is the processed food product. It is an actual cheese. And it is not remotely plastic. Though I have found that I do prefer the stuff you think is "plastic" for grilled cheese. I'll use either on a burger.

American Cheese slices come in 2 forms. There are "American Cheese" slices made with 2% milk and "American Cheese food product" slices made mostly with vegetable oil and water and hardly any milk. I never buy the latter. My brother insists the two are about the same, we argue about it.

Grilled cheese sandwiches are of Provolone and Swiss cheeses on good firm bread such as the Pumpernickel or the seedless Rye.

With pickles! Ha!

With love,
~Cat

American Cheese slices come in 2 forms. There are "American Cheese" slices made with 2% milk and "American Cheese food product" slices made mostly with vegetable oil and water and hardly any milk. I never buy the latter. My brother insists the two are about the same, we argue about it.

Hey you're forgetting an important ingredient in American CheeseFoodProduct - the bright yellow dye!

Though I'm pretty sure they use that in Colby, Longhorn, Cheddar, Velveeta, and butter as well, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom