American Sauce?? Made in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
HEINZ-American-Sauce-Nouveau-170x300.jpg
2Q==
Here is a new one on me. Is this sauce something Americans eat on a regular basis? Did it originate in America? Or, was it some rendition of sauce which originated form some other country and is called American Sauce. Seems to be some sort of sauce with a 1000 Island base and other things mixed in there.....
2Q==

Last edited:
That is the first time I have seen that. I wonder if it is sold in Canada, will they call it Canadian Sauce? :angel:

I wonder if that is Fry Sauce??? I have never seen that in the store, either. Many places have a "secret sauce" they make for dipping french fries, that looks like it, in color at least.

here is that lost "u"...;)

2Q==
Here is a new one on me. Is this sauce something Americans eat on a regular basis? Did it originate in America? Or, was it some rendition of sauce which originated form some other country and is called American Sauce. Seems to be some sort of sauce with a 1000 Island base and other things mixed in there.....
2Q==
There's a discussion about it on the Paris Blog. It seems to be available in several countries on mainland Europe. I haven't noticed it in Britain but that doesn't mean it isn't available here.

I wonder if that is Fry Sauce??? I have never seen that in the store, either. Many places have a "secret sauce" they make for dipping french fries, that looks like it, in color at least...

I was thinking the same thing, fry sauce or "secret" burger sauce.

I wonder if that is Fry Sauce??? I have never seen that in the store, either. Many places have a "secret sauce" they make for dipping french fries, that looks like it, in color at least.

here is that lost "u"...;)

That's what I was thinking PF ... maybe it's that or Comeback Sauce.

Took a look at the Paris blog .. funny comments .. "maybe it's ground up Americans" LOL

Wonder why American Sauce is not available in America?

Last edited:
I looked at Heinz's France website, and it's called American Sauce.
On their Spain website, the same thing is called American Burger Sauce.

I don't speak any other languages, but someone else can check. I suspect that the Spain result is a good explanation.

From the nutrition information, the ingredients are pretty standard: oil, water, sugar, tomato puree, vinegar, mustard, spices, etc. Sounds like the 'Secret Sauce' things that all the chains use for burgers, onion rings, etc.

Perhaps it's a similar fast food burger dressing we use here?

Yeah, it's probably somebody's idea of the Secret Sauce that goes on Two All-Beef Patties, Pickles, Onions, on a Sesame Seed Bun ... and it's not sold here because we would know it was something faked up! :ROFLMAO:

A few decades ago, Hellmann's marketed a burger sauce that was very close to McDonald's special sauce for Big Macs. It didn't last long.

I'm no help either. I've never seen anything like that. I might Google it.

I still don't know what it is. Maybe it's pay back for the term "French Dressing"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom