"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Salads & Salad Dressings
Old 01-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
Senior Cook
An unsophisticated salad

For half a century we've called it "Grandma"s Salad" My Mother concocted it 'way back when - I don't recall. (I must mention that my Mother was a really lousy cook, so this was something of a miracle) But we've always really enjoyed this simple but somewhat uncommon salad. Perhaps you'd like to try it.

The recipe is utterly simple: celery, cucumber, canned peas, scallions, bell pepper, all diced to pea size, with roughly equl quantities of each. Add a generous but not sloppy amount of Best Food Mayonaise (Hellmans"s), toss, refrigerate until lightly chilled, and serve.

Our wholle family demands it on holidays, and I just enjoyed it with dinner tonight.

It's good!

oldcoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Cook
Sounds like what Southerners call a chopped salad. Not my favorite but not bad.
"The odds of my being correct on any given issue are inversely proportionate to the proximity of my wife" BubbaGourmet
BubbaGourmet is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off