Apple Cider Salad
- 2 packages gelatin powder -- unflavored
- 1/4 cup black walnuts -- chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- lettuce leaves -- for decoration
1. Put 1/2 cup cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle two
envelopes (2 tablespoons) of unflavored gelatin on water. Let stand 5-
10 minutes to soften.
2. Heat 2 cups apple cider until very hot; add salt. Remove from
heat and immediately add softened gelatin. Stir until gelatin is
completely dissolved. Have a 1 quart mold lightly greased with cooking
oil. Do not use olive oil. Spoon about 1/2 cup of gelatin mixture into
mold and place in refrigerator.
3. Chill remaining mixture until slightly thicker than consistency
of unbeaten egg white. Just before large bowl of gelatin is desired
consistency, dice apples and chop walnuts and parsley. Add this to the
gelatin and place into the mold which already has thin bottom layer of
gelatin. Chill until set.
4. Serve onto serving plate which has been decorated with lettuce
leaves; curly endive is a good choice.
Apples have been recommended for :
Obesity, Headache, Arthritis, Bronchial asthma, Inflammation of the bladder, Gonorrhea, Anemia, Tuberculosis, Neuritis, Insomnia, Catarrh, Gallbladder stones, Worms, Halithosis, Pyorrhea
The skin of Apple contain pectin that can help remove toxic
substances from the system by supplying galacturonic acid
helps prevent protein matter in the intestine from spoiling.
And many more the benefits from an apple.