Asian style chicken and pasta salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
If you like spice and warm, this should make you smile.
Salad:
1-lb fusilli or rotelle pasta cooked
1-c. cubed or shredded smoked chicken, or a roasted chicken will work
1-c. sliced carrots
1-bunch green onion white and green, sliced on the diagonal
1/2-c. shredded red cabbage
1-c. snow peas of asparagus or both
2-serrano chilis chopped

Dressing:
1-1/2-Tab. sugar
1-Tab. chopped garlic
1-Tab. chopped ginger
1-1/3c. peanut oil
1/3-c. sesame oil
1/4-c. hot chili oil
1/2-c.lite soy sauce
3/4-c. black soy sauce or reg. soy if you can't find black soy
1/2-c. rice vinegar
Combine sugar,garlic,ginger, add the peanut,sesame,and chili oils and whisk in the soy and vinegar...Let stand about 30 min. Makes about 3-2/3c.
Toss all salad ingredients together then dress with enough of the dressing to coat well..You most likely will have some left over..I save it and use as a marinade for chicken or beef
Serves 6
enjoy,
kadesma

Kadesma, I adore Asian pasta salads. It's been so hot here, I plan on picking up a rotisserie chicken and making lots 'n lots of quick healthy salads. Another dish I like (you reminded me of) are the Asian noodle or rice bowls. Must give your version a try, maybe with an Udon or cellophane noodle (without the heat :LOL: ). Shrimp, in place of chicken, I'll bet would be good too. Thank you for sharing.:)

Last edited:
mish said:
Kadesma, I adore Asian pasta salads. It's been so hot here, I plan on picking up a rotisserie chicken and making lots 'n lots of quick healthy salads. Another dish I like (you reminded me of) are the Asian noodle or rice bowls. Must give your version a try, maybe with an Udon or cellophane noodle (without the heat :LOL: ). Shrimp, in place of chicken, I'll bet would be good too. Thank you for sharing.:)
Mish,
I take some out for myself before putting on the dressing and I like your idea of the udon or cellophane noodles and shrimp..Yum..I think we have another summer salad here :) I'll give it a try soon. Thanks for the idea.

kadesma

Here's another that's really great in the hot weather:

JAPANESE SEAFOOD PASTA SALAD
8 oz. vermicilli
½ cup sliced water chestnuts
¼ cup minced parsley
2 carrots shredded
1 medium cucumber, thinsliced
1 cup snow peas,julienned
½ cup scallions, thin cut on sharp bias
2 cups chopped shrimp, simmered in sake and water (you could also add scallops, or jumbo lump crab)

Cook vermicilli, drain; add everything else and chill.

Dressing:
½ cup rice wine vinegar
2tsp.soy sauce
3/4 cup light olive oil
½ tsp. sesame oil
salt/pepper
1tsp. grated ginger
½ tsp. grated garlic
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds

Mix vinegar, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, ginger; whisk; whisk in both oils; add sesame seeds and salt/pepper to taste.
Pour over salad, and toss to cover lightly.

Thanks Marmalady,
this looks so nice. I'm always hunting for salads..Hot weather is the time for salads loaded with the ripe tomatoes and cucumbers and things from the garden, add in some meat, chicken or fish and you have the best meals..And pasta even better.. Looking forward to trying this one.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom