Aspic Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I plan to use Kadesma's Recipe for Tomato Aspic, but have some questions..

I make a very strong chicken broth that "Sets Up" well in the fridge, but do I need to "spice it" somehow?

I have like a million tomates in my garden now... can I just sort of "Cut Them" into small pieces and mix the whole Aspic together and chill, then serve?

I only cook for 2 or perhaps 4 with friends so I thought I would pour the mix into small "Ramakins"

Will this work? Thanks, Eric Austin Tx.

I don't know about Kadesma's recipe, but my mother frequently made Tomato Aspic using just plain gelatin dissolved into seasoned tomato, Clamato, or V-8 juice & used small star-shaped ramekins for it to set in. Worked fine & made a wonderful presentation unmolded on a bed of mixed lightly-dressed greens.

Her's is based on concasse. A chicken aspic with tomato included would be quite different, though probably yummy. Individual molds are a great way to do aspic.

I make my tomato aspic as if I were making gazpacho (without the bread and without oil), add the chicken broth in which I've dissolved the gelatin (to make sure it will set). It is really nice on a hot summer day.

Back
Top Bottom