Balsamic Vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sassy

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone!
Last time I was at Williams-Sonoma I pick up some Fig & Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar because it sounded so yummy. Now that I'm home, I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions???

It would make a nice dressing drizzled on a salad; also as a glaze on roast chicken or grilled lamb chops; probably a lot more uses I can't think of at the moment.

this recipe is a surefire hit.

600-700g (1-1/2lb, circa) zucchini (courgette), not too fat
frying oil (something light, sunflower, corn etc.)
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
good fistful of chopped flat leaved parsley
good quality evoo
salt

Using mandolin or similar tool, slice up the zucchini very thin, in small circles.
Heat up the oil and fry the slices, to make something of zucchini crisps.
Dry the slices well on a few layers of paper towel.
Place them in a large bowl, toss with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, evoo (as much/little as preferred) parsley and salt (see the amount for evoo).
Let it stand for at least half an hour to let the flavour settled in. (it is even better when it is rested overnight.)

If you prefer you can also roast or saute the garlic in advance before mixing.

this recipe is a surefire hit.

600-700g (1-1/2lb, circa) zucchini (courgette), not too fat
frying oil (something light, sunflower, corn etc.)
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
good fistful of chopped flat leaved parsley
good quality evoo
salt

Using mandolin or similar tool, slice up the zucchini very thin, in small circles.
Heat up the oil and fry the slices, to make something of zucchini crisps.
Dry the slices well on a few layers of paper towel.
Place them in a large bowl, toss with the garlic, balsamic vinegar, evoo (as much/little as preferred) parsley and salt (see the amount for evoo).
Let it stand for at least half an hour to let the flavour settled in. (it is even better when it is rested overnight.)

If you prefer you can also roast or saute the garlic in advance before mixing.

That sounds delicous!

Hello Everyone!
Last time I was at Williams-Sonoma I pick up some Fig & Meyer Lemon Balsamic Vinegar because it sounded so yummy. Now that I'm home, I don't know what to do with it. Any suggestions???

might I just suggest a spoon;)
That sounds so tasty, sassy!

Try this one:
1 part balsamic
1 part sugar
1 to 1½ part(s) oil
Boil the first 2 in the microwave and stir till mixed well.
Add oil, and pepper to taste. You could also add a bit of meyer lemon rind as well.

I'd try it over a salad like red-leaf & romaine, that also had thinly sliced grilled chicken (that was pre-marinated or glazed with that same balsamic), with a topping of cucumbers & avocado cubes. You could even dice a bit of fresh fig on top too, and/or maybe a small grating of hard cheese.
okay, now I'm hungry.

Back
Top Bottom