Basil, lemon, garlic green goddess. Blisful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I saw a mention of this on a other thread?

Our friend Blisful mentioned this!

Basil, lemon, garlic green goddess.

Please, may I get the recipe?

I love Green Goddess!

Eric, Austin Tx.

Hi Giggler,
https://www.plantbasedrecipe.com/ar...ddess-dressing-recipe-oil-free-vegan-low-fat/

This stuff is very strong flavored. The author calls it ginger/lemon but mostly I taste basil/lemon/garlic. I like it.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup parsley Packed. See notes on recipe page.
  • 1/2 cup basil Packed. See notes on recipe page.
  • 1 avocado Medium.
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice About 1-2 lemons.
  • 1/4 cup garlic Cloves or minced - see notes!
  • 1/4 cup green onion See notes on recipe page.
  • 1/4 cup plant-based milk Such as cashew or almond milk.
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp ginger Minced, or whole pieces. See notes.
  • 1/2 tsp lemon zest Optional. See notes!
  • 1 tbsp white miso Or less, to taste.
  • 1 tsp black pepper

That looks delicious, blissful! How long does that keep? Didn't see any reference to this on the link. Seems the lemon juice and vinegar would keep it for a while.

thanks pepperhead, I don't know but since I have some left in the fridge, I'll see how long it lasts if we don't use it up first!

It's very very very very green, lol. Greener than my kale smoothie!

Larry, I just went to retaste it again. It's a bit over lemoned. Cut back on the juice and the zest. I LOVE lemon, but it seems to overwhelm the rest of it. I still taste garlic, grassiness, a little ginger. I think it changes with sitting a little bit--the garlic is toned down as well as the basil. Now the basil isn't very strong or just maybe overpowered by the lemon. I also think it needs a little more salt (though I was light handed with it).

Larry, I just went to retaste it again. It's a bit over lemoned. Cut back on the juice and the zest. I LOVE lemon, but it seems to overwhelm the rest of it. I still taste garlic, grassiness, a little ginger. I think it changes with sitting a little bit--the garlic is toned down as well as the basil. Now the basil isn't very strong or just maybe overpowered by the lemon. I also think it needs a little more salt (though I was light handed with it).

Thanks. I got more Parsley and Basil than I know what to do with, so this will be one of those fresh from the garden things I can throw together . Im sure my wife will like it.

Back
Top Bottom