Though I prefer to make this salad with Beef Carpacchio, it can be made with Salmon Carpacchio too.
Here is our take on the salad:
4 Hass wrinkled black and very Ripe avocados
4 fl. oz. Evoo
freshly ground rose, green and black Pepper
salt flakes: Maldón or Sea Salt
fresh chive herb snipped
coriander or fennel seed crushed in mortar with pestle
20 slices of Carpacchio of Beef or Salmon
2 fresh lemons or 2 limes
Spring Onion sliced very finely
*** Serve with: Breadsticks, crackers and oven warm bread
1. layout the beef slices ( butcher slices carpacchio beef for us ) on a serving platter slightly over lapping each other
2. sprinkle with tri color fresly grinded pepper
3. drizzle with Evoo
4. leave to marinate 1/2 hour at room temperature
5. slice the avocado pears and remove pits
6. without going as far as peel, scoop out the flesh using teaspoon
7. sprinkle flesh with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning
8. place teaspoon as if it were a scooper, in the avocado flesh and do an interspered scoop and garnish on the carpacchio beef
9. sprinkle the snipped chive, seeds chosen to use and sea salt or Maldón and spring onion very finely
10. drizzle Evoo and serve with my Grissini Breadsticks homemade !
SERVE WITH: freshly grated Pecorino or Reggiano Parmesano or even a Smoked Cow Variety Cheese such as SAN SIMÓN OF GALICIA, SPAIN and / or Monterrey Jack, and cherry tomatoes. Lambrusco shall do or a glass of Rosé.