Buttermilk and Avocado dressing-idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm going to try this tonight so will hope for the best...Since I love avocados and have some plus some buttermilk, here is what I'm doing.
Putting a large avocado, peeled and pitted in my blender, adding 3 green onions white and part of the green, some lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of parsley (flat leaf) but some basil might be nice here. Salt and pepper, I wizzed it up and added 3/4 c. buttermilk or more if you like. Blend it all again so it looks like a thick cream..I'm putting this over an endive and escarole salad with sliced sweet onions and tomatoes..On it's own it tastes pretty good, we shall see how it flies as a dressing on greens.
kadesma:)

Works for me!! It's gotta be good! I love a buttermilk dressing over avacodos, and tomato aspic! Yum! I might steal your dressing idea Miss Kades and serve it over tomato aspic sometimes. Thanks!!

Fun!

licia said:
Sounds really good. Let us know how it turns out.
I can do that right now licia:LOL: I couldn't wait til dinner so my lunch was a salad with the dressing. I loved it..The dressing does call for a lettuce like the endive and escarole, it would beatt down a soft lettuce like butter..But the heaveir lettuces with it are great. It might also be good over a gelatin salad such as Uncle Bob mentions in his post..But at any rate I really liked it and plan to make it again and maybe add a little more lemon..
kadesma

Uncle Bob said:
Works for me!! It's gotta be good! I love a buttermilk dressing over avacodos, and tomato aspic! Yum! I might steal your dressing idea Miss Kades and serve it over tomato aspic sometimes. Thanks!!

Fun!
UB,
please do steal the recipe, I'm more than happy to hand it over:LOL: I like your idea of the tomato aspic, I would imagine any gelatin salad with lots of veggies, would take the dressing as well. Ahhh, more salad ideas.. HUM wonder how a molded salad with shrimp,celery, sliced green onions would be with the dressing over it?Thanks
kadesma

Wow!!! Shrimp! Maybe a Buttermilk/Avacodo/lemon "remoulade"...on a bed of romain and escarole....Give it 30 days, and it will be on Food TV :LOL:

Uncle Bob said:
Wow!!! Shrimp! Maybe a Buttermilk/Avacodo/lemon "remoulade"...on a bed of romain and escarole....Give it 30 days, and it will be on Food TV :LOL:
Now if I can whip that up, I'll have to do and say as Carson and Olivia do, when they have candy or a toy they won't share, you run like the dickens shouting MINE:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

Uncle Bob said:

UB, even thought it's almost 10:30, your idea sounds so delicious I'm tempted to start cooking!!!:LOL:

PA Baker said:
UB, even thought it's almost 10:30, your idea sounds so delicious I'm tempted to start cooking!!!:LOL:

Now would be the time! Put every one to bed, and it will be all yours!!!!;)

Hush now! Don't wake-um up! :ermm:

Have Fun & Enjoy!!

I have to say that it sounds wonderful enough for me to try... I love just about anything with the word buttermilk in it! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

this dressing seem to be awesome...I will also try this sometime...:)

kadesma said:
I'm going to try this tonight so will hope for the best...Since I love avocados and have some plus some buttermilk, here is what I'm doing.
Putting a large avocado, peeled and pitted in my blender, adding 3 green onions white and part of the green, some lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of parsley (flat leaf) but some basil might be nice here. Salt and pepper, I wizzed it up and added 3/4 c. buttermilk or more if you like. Blend it all again so it looks like a thick cream..I'm putting this over an endive and escarole salad with sliced sweet onions and tomatoes..On it's own it tastes pretty good, we shall see how it flies as a dressing on greens.

Diana Ross said:
this dressing seem to be awesome...I will also try this sometime...:)
Thank you Diana,
I hope you wil enjoy it. Welcome to DC..Glad you joined us.

sattie said:
I have to say that it sounds wonderful enough for me to try... I love just about anything with the word buttermilk in it! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Sattie,
I like that little bit of tang that buttermilk gives a recipe. I love avocados, but find them a little bland with out some salt and pepper and maybe a dab of mayo.So mixing the two for salad was a lucky guess:LOL: But one we enjoy.

kadesma

Yes please, I'll take one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chef:

OK - to go a bit on the Green Goddess route - you could add a couple anchovies wrapped around capers and some tarragon vinegar and a bit of fresh tarragon to your salad dressing cj - that might just be pretty good!

Miss CJ....

....And have it you shall. However you must hold it close to your heart:ermm: lest the E man will be baming it on national TV and Martha will have it in her next cook book! :LOL:

Soon!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom