Caesar Salad and dressing- I love Caesar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL CG. My dad used to always pronounce it the way it looked, just to be funny. Wor-chester-shire. He always made a big deal of saying it that way. :LOL:
I call it wurster-sure. Whatever it's called, it's good. :yum:

Very nice story about the Bowie family, too. :)

Last edited:
These posts remind me of Robin Williams impersonation of Elmer Fudd singing "Fire" by Bruce Springsteen!

Last edited:
I like to use this brand of products in the tube. I add the anchovy paste to just about all my homemade oil and vinegar based salad dressings. It blends right in.

img_1464137_0_21c45a2b31fa622497f32b7c04dcb244.jpg

BTW I pronounce it wurster-shear sauce. :angel:

Last edited:
I have been making the recipe that Aunt bea posted for sometime. I love it. The only thing I do different to it is I add a couple tablespoons of sour cream in it also and some black pepper.

I was thinking of the pronunciation. I have a friend that lives in Worcester, MA. I couldn't pronounce the name of her town, so one day I decided to ask. When it comes to weird pronunciations, I like to know what I'm saying because I pronounce so many things wrong as it is. I had studied just a little Irish once and a customer came in the other day. So naturally, I sounded her name out and she said I was the first person who ever got it right. I had actually heard the name before, I just hadn't ever seen it in print.

Siobhan pronounced shih-VAHN. Pretty name.

day. So naturally, I sounded her name out and she said I was the first person who ever got it right. I had actually heard the name before, I just hadn't ever seen it in print.

Siobhan pronounced shih-VAHN. Pretty name.

Siobhán McKenna

24 May 1923 – 16 November 1986) was an Irish stage and screen actress.

I got the lyrics (in Irish) to Si Do Mhaimeo a month or so ago. Still working my way through that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJyozfWJE7s

This is a simple knockoff of Caesar salad dressing that does not use anchovies or raw eggs. I like it because it can be used over a period of several days. It is a good basic creamy dressing that you can change by adding crumbled blue cheese, chopped herbs, bacon bits, etc...

If I don't have fresh lemon juice I make it with red wine vinegar. If it is too thick you can thin it with a little water.

Simple Creamy Caesar Dressing

I meant to say thank you for this recipe. I love Caesar dressing and I'm trying to get recipes to the ones I like.

Last edited:
I make caesar salad several times a month and use the Joy of Cooking recipe for the dressing. I can't get enough anchovies and use a can per salad. I don't have a problem with raw eggs and usually add it to the dressing.

Most stores in the NW have anchovy paste in the canned meat section, it's where I find it; good stuff.

We got to see Celtic Woman last year when they were in Fort Lauderdale. What a great show!

When I make Cesar dressing, I make a paste with the anchovies, garlic and salt by chopping and mashing/dragging with my chef's knife.

Back
Top Bottom