Caesar Salad Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caine said:
I believe I specified that Italian restaurants will serve you the salad first, but that's only to keep you busy while they cook your entrée.

I was talking abour eating at home, not in a restaurant. You sit down at my mother's table and start giving orders, she'll take you outside and throw you under a train. That woman has little patience and no sense of humor!

If it's a traditional Italian dinner, it doesn't matter. If an Italian restaurant is serving the salad course first, it's because it is catering to American-style dining.

LOL, thank you Mike.

Also, Caesar salads are not Italian per se. The creator of the salad was Italian but he was living in Mexico and dish was just thrown together at the last instant. To make it more "Italian", many versions use anchovy fillets or anchovy paste in the dressing but the orginal recipe did not contain any anchovies. It used Worcestershire sauce which gave it the anchovy taste. Besides the Worcestershire, the original recipe contained eggs, oil, lemon juice, parmesan, salt, and pepper. That's it.
any way you cut the mustard just give me one, I love Caesar Salad

My ceasar dressing :

I just use a small bottle of Kraft Ceasar dressing in a bowl , then add 2 cloves crushed garlic, a heaping spoon of miracle whip salad dressing, 1/3 cup of parm. cheese, lemon juice , worchestire shire , salt pepper.

Usaually theres enough leftover for another small salad ...

Back
Top Bottom