Celery Root and Crab Salad TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is good but kind of a pain in the patootie to put together But it is tasty and nice on a hot afternoon or evening.
I serve it over watercress but mixed greens would be nice, also crosini. The dressing is busy but will keep up to 2 weeks in the frig.
Anywho for the dressing put all the ingredients in a med bowl 1 cup of mayo 1/4cups finely minced red bell pepper, 2 hard cooked finely chopped eggs, 2 tab. drained and chopped capers,1 tab. frsh parsley minced, 1 tea.minced fresh tarragon,1 o 2 teas. fresh lemon juice salt and pepper to your taste
for the salad use 8 oz of lump crabmeat, 4 hard cooked eggs, large diced, 1 cup of julienned celery root that has been peeled. I've also made this with Jicama julienned. salt and pepper To mix add just enough of the dressing to lightly coat the ingredients. This is also good on crostini
Enjoy
kadesma

I love the idea of using celery root. I have friend who likes the taste of celery, but can't stand the texture of the raw stalks.

I just hate the price of celery root. Good grief, it's a root vegi! I used to get that in a nice, cheap, soup vegi packet in Denmark.

I love the idea of using celery root. I have friend who likes the taste of celery, but can't stand the texture of the raw stalks.

I just hate the price of celery root. Good grief, it's a root vegi! I used to get that in a nice, cheap, soup vegi packet in Denmark.

wish I could send you some. It's cheap here. I love the taste and texture and use it often .
kades

Do you have a garden? Because it's not supposed to be too difficult to grow, & the roots/bulbs last a long time in storage.

Kadesma: Celery Root ( nabio de apio )

:chef: Good Afternoon Kadesma,
Good Afternoon Tax Lady,

Firstly, I too am a fan of Nabo de Apio ( in Spanish ), which translates to Celery Tuber Root ... It is a very popular import due to the large Eastern European and Central European Communities ( Germans, Polish, Bulgarian, Rumanian and Ukranian ) we have in Madrid and nearby Alcalá de Henares.

I like it very much, and here is the perfect excuse for a wonderful recipe to prepare with it.

Thanks for posting, and I shall enquire its availability and seasonal harvests ...

Margi.

Back
Top Bottom