03-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Join Date: Oct 2004
Chicken Caesar Salad
Combine flour and seasoned salt in plastic bag.
Pound chicken to half-inch thick.
Combine bread crumbs with sesame seeds in plastic bag.
Dredge in flour-salt mixture, shaking off excess.
Dip in beaten eggs, allowing excess to drip off.
Coat with bread crumbs.
Heat oil in large frying pan.
Fry chicken in oil till golden brown on both sides and thoroughly cooked inside. (Cut to test that no pinkness remains.)
Remove to cutting board. Slice chicken into 2" strips. Tent with foil to keep warm.
Combine lettuce, tomato, avocado (if using), and red onion in large salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Top salad with sliced chicken and serve with dinner rolls.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly with 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large avocado, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup bottled Caesar dressing
- Packaged dinner rolls, heated, if desired
Don't let love interfere with your appetite. It never does with mine.