Chicken Potato Salad
1 kilo potatoes
1 big chicken breast
3 pieces medium sized carrots
500 ml mayonnaise
1 can (836 g) pineapple tidbits or chunks
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
1 cup cheddar cheese, diced (optional)
3 tablespoons of chopped spring onions (optional)
Iodized salt to taste (pepper, optional)
1. In a big pot, boil potatoes and carrots (covered with water) for about 15 to 20 minutes or until cracks on the potato skin appears. (tip: pierce a potato with a toothpick. If you can pierce it with little resistance and the toothpick comes out clean, the potatoes & carrots are cooked).
2. Drain potatoes and carrots, let cool.
3. Once cooled, the skin can be easily be pealed by hand.
4. Dice the potatoes and carrots (about 1x1 cm)
5. Boil the chicken breast in water with some salt. Let cool, then shred the chicken meat in 1 inch lengths
6. Drain pineapple chunks or tidbits.
7. Combine all ingredients (potatoes, chicken meat, pineapple, carrots, pickle relish, mayonnaise) in a big bowl and salt to taste. You may add pepper if you wish.
8. Refrigerate before serving.